Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 00:41   #1

Boat: oday 22
Send a message via AIM to MadisonBerra Send a message via Yahoo to MadisonBerra
New to Sailing

hi. im madison. currently my family has an oday 22 and my stepbrother wanted to do some overnights these next few weeks. my main concern is the head is currently not working and naturally there is some worry with that. im pretty new to sailing and havent done anything more than a few hours a day. is there any tips on being as ladylike as possible? ive heard of the funell thing for girls but im still kind of nervous. thank you in advance.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:16   #2
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Hey there - nice to meet ya. Don't you worry your pretty head about it not working - if you have a half decent Skipper you won't need to think at all. Just go relax and follow his orders!

About the other head, not to worry there either - That's what the big bars are around the pushpit at the back for, and why there's a specially shaped curve in them on either side. Just remember to:
1 - Get your loo roll in your hand first.
2 - Don't be shy. Saying something like "I'm going to the loo now" will ensure everyone's eyes are forward.
3 - Remember to go out the side that that's most down. Remember, "she who pisseth into wind gets pissed upon".
4 - Hang on but relax - I understand 80% of man overboards are found with their zippers down!

Alternatively, if this sounds too acrobatic, use the bucket. There's one somewhere.
I used a pint-pot once - but must have drunk way more than I realised. That's when I started going straight over the side (when the heads are broken, that is!)

Good luck!!

So, welcome to the forum - I hope you get plenty of inspiration and ideas here - although (having read your other post on sailing nude thread) I think you already have!!!
Old 12-07-2010, 01:20   #3

Boat: oday 22
Send a message via AIM to MadisonBerra Send a message via Yahoo to MadisonBerra
thank you very much for the info. it wasnt peeing i was most concerned about, more number 2. not to be gross.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:22   #4
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

LOL!!! Try this - 5 pages of tips on how not not use the heads for women!!

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ead-31003.html
Closed Thread