Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2005, 19:27   #1
Bob Norson

G'Day from the Whitsundays..& everywhere else really

I have been rude!! I have made some comments on other threads without properly introducing myself. I formaly apologise!

I have been involved with boats all my life. Born in Minnesota, USA, lottsa wet there. Last address in Coronado CA before switching hemispheres and discovering the best cruising coast in the world! ( go ahead.. challenge me on that issue!) I liked it so much that I started writing about it and people started reading it! Damned if I know?? Most everyone really likes it when they recover from the shock. So my silly hobby has gone strangly sideways and is now distributed around most of Australia, heavily in Queensland/Barrier Reef. My favorite thing in the world is to sit on a boat for sundowners with a big plastic bottle of home brew and listen to the adventures and miss-adventures that all boaties have. Which is how it all started. I am always keen to establish new contacts and increase my 'data base.' My wife, Kay and I, sail a 40 foot (47OA) steel ketch that we now wish to replace with a cat so as to have room to move the entire production aboard. A true roving, crusing publishing office. Perhaps a first. We currently contract print 10,000 per edition which makes us a serious threat to the "established" mags here. For you Kiwi's that means once you discount sheep and their... ah.. companions.. that makes about two copies for everyone there!
Later issues of the paper are free to download from my web site.. www.thecoastalpassage.com Love to hear from everyone.. even yanks!

Cheers
Old 04-12-2005, 02:44   #2

Boat: Privilege 37
A lovely area to cruise. Spent a month there a few years ago inside and outside the reef in a large grey mobo.
Old 04-12-2005, 14:59   #3
Bob Norson

Greetings Talbot

At the risk of setting myself up here..... "a large grey mobo." ????
Old 01-09-2016, 00:02   #4

Boat: Endeavourcat 30
Re: G'Day from the Whitsundays..& everywhere else really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Norson View Post
I have been rude!! I have made some comments on other threads without properly introducing myself. I formaly apologise!

I have been involved with boats all my life. Born in Minnesota, USA, lottsa wet there. Last address in Coronado CA before switching hemispheres and discovering the best cruising coast in the world! ( go ahead.. challenge me on that issue!) I liked it so much that I started writing about it and people started reading it! Damned if I know?? Most everyone really likes it when they recover from the shock. So my silly hobby has gone strangly sideways and is now distributed around most of Australia, heavily in Queensland/Barrier Reef. My favorite thing in the world is to sit on a boat for sundowners with a big plastic bottle of home brew and listen to the adventures and miss-adventures that all boaties have. Which is how it all started. I am always keen to establish new contacts and increase my 'data base.' My wife, Kay and I, sail a 40 foot (47OA) steel ketch that we now wish to replace with a cat so as to have room to move the entire production aboard. A true roving, crusing publishing office. Perhaps a first. We currently contract print 10,000 per edition which makes us a serious threat to the "established" mags here. For you Kiwi's that means once you discount sheep and their... ah.. companions.. that makes about two copies for everyone there!
Later issues of the paper are free to download from my web site.. The Coastal Passage Home Page Love to hear from everyone.. even yanks!

Cheers
Hey Bob,how many websites do you think there are that still open when you click on a link that is more than 10 years old? Yours does.
CapnBazza is offline   Reply With Quote