Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-11-2013, 13:46   #1546
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

LISTEN UP FOLKS!!!!!! WE HAVE A SUCESSFUL ENGAGED HUMAN BEING LEAVING US FOR LIFE AND LOVE!!!!! only thing---he found her elsewhere, so it doesnt count for us..oh well... congratuations and all that good stuff go to our newly former member.
read up....:

QUOTE!!
Hi Zeehag.
On another website, Lovesail dot com, I met an Amerian lady 5 yrs my senior living on St. Lucia. She didn't seem put off by me & agreed to fly up to St. Thomas where my boat is. Met her at the airport w/flowers and, for her, it was Love At 1st Sight. I'm a little slow so it took me a couple hours to figure out this was the woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. After 4 days cruising on my boat we hadn't killed each other, so I reckon there's a good chance this will take.
She's spent the past 3 years gutting & refurbbing an old IOR raceboat. Splash-down is due at the end of the year & we plan to campaign all the regattas in the Racer/Cruiser section. Never was interested in racing, but they tend to throw outrageous parties so I guess I'll go with the flow.
Wedding is next June on Mustique in the Granadines. Pretty hoity-toity but a resort there owes her one, so we get a freebie. If Mick Jaggar is on-island he may stop by to sing one. She knows a friend of his.
When it's not racing season we'll live aboard my boat and cruise. Fifteen years ago she cruised the Caribbean for 3 years with her then-boyfriend and says they were the best years of her life.
Met some nice folk on this site, but it just didn't work out.
Good luck with your repairs.
-STXBoi
Old 16-11-2013, 13:49   #1547
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

YAY!
Old 17-11-2013, 12:44   #1548

Location: Currently on the HARD in Guaymas Mexico and staying in Phoenix, AZ
Boat: Columbia 45

In Puerto Esconfito, BCS for a couple days.
Old 17-11-2013, 14:35   #1549

ok.
i will be here for a bit as i aint goin no where for a bit.
my boat needs head examined as there is rust in 2 cylinders. so we be rebuilding when i get next payless check in a month.
i wont sit in marina.
in the mangroves is a good place for rebuilding engines and being fairly safe... lots of skeeters tho. closer to colimilla. dont know how the wifi is from there.....lol or banda ancha.

i have yet to go to puerto escondido, dont really plan on "doing baja" unless i sail in opb for a while while my boat plays on hard in guaymas, which is a posssibility for summer

where you going to try to be for christmas this year???
Old 17-11-2013, 16:47   #1550

Location: Currently on the HARD in Guaymas Mexico and staying in Phoenix, AZ
Boat: Columbia 45

I will be in the La Paz north area with my favorite 8 yo Granddaughter. Her Xmas vacation was already promised aboard the boat with me. 21 Dec - 6 Jan. I will be on my own again after that and headed out for points unknown at this time.
Old 17-11-2013, 16:51   #1551

come to barra and see this place. it is awesome gorgeous. and french baker to boat delivery
Old 25-11-2013, 08:18   #1552

Boat: Pearson 30 1971

OK, I guess I'm supposed to post here. First feel free to check my bio (as suggested). I'm looking for a soul mate to sail and live with. I'd like to sail the east end of Long Island Sound this summer and maybe bring it down to S. Carolina for the winter, maybe live on the boat on and off down there for a while. Home base is NY area for the time being as there are my son and business issues to keep tabs on. I have two books published (neither going to make me rich), and am mostly liberal in politics. Looking for pleasing looking, easy going woman who is either a sailor or willing to learn and participate.
Old 25-11-2013, 09:07   #1553

welcome alex!!! now you may also acces the bios section which is actually under discussions.... is in the social groups section in user cp
Old 29-11-2013, 06:35   #1554

Boat: Island Packet 27

Hey all. I'm fairly new to the whole cruisers forum and still trying to find my way around. Thanks to Nomadgurl for telling me about the group and to Zeehag for the help. I was a wannabe for a long time. I purchased a smaller sailboat a few years back and lived on it for several months to see how the lifestyle was and I loved it but I needed a bigger boat. In June, I purchased an Island Packet 27. Still not a big boat, but she's already proven herself seaworthy. There is plenty of room since I sail solo and I'm still more comfortable with a smaller boat. I worked on "Rhyddid" for several months and just last month I left North Carolina. Currently I'm in Saint Augustine Florida and I'm trying to decide where I'm going to head for the winter. I'm 40 years old and single. Any questions let me know. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Old 29-11-2013, 07:01   #1555

ok now you can access the bios which are called discussions and i see you found me in the other place
welcome to our group...
Old 29-11-2013, 07:06   #1556

Thanks for the help.
Old 29-11-2013, 10:17   #1557

Boat: Bayliner 2355, looking for a Whitby

welcome aboard the big ship lollipop.....lol. Newcomers have to buy the members a round of drinks. I'm not drinking right now so you can bring me a lollipop. Or a turkey sandwich if you have leftovers. And yes, i'll take the cranberry on that as well. lol, ahhhh what the heck bring me a beer with that sammich. ANd thank you, glad you are here. Hope you enjoy yourself.
Old 29-11-2013, 11:03   #1558

Well Nomadgurl... You know the boat life. Went grocery shopping shopping yesterday morning and was going to walk back into town so I could eat dinner...and somehow took a long nap (which seems to happen a lot), missing everything so I had scrambled eggs and sausage. So no turkey for you...or me for that matter, so you'll have to be happy with a lollipop and a beer, although I wouldn't recommend having both at the same time. I see you're on the west coast and I'm on the east...so you should be getting that beer in about 2 months...possibly longer because of the napping problem mentioned above.

So I'd be curious if anybody here has met anyone else, either short term for some sailing time together, or long term and in a relationship. It's a unique lifestyle and a lot of people don't understand it or couldn't handle it. Sure, they could do a few days, possibly a week anchored in some lagoon drinking Margaritas while listening to Jimmy Buffet, but reefing sails at 2am while trying to hang on to the boat after 6 days of little sleep...not so much. I think this group is an awesome idea. It's not a guarantee that two people will be soul-mates, but if you have this in common I would imagine those two personalities are certainly similar. Anyway, just curious.

Ok... I'll shut up. Thanks Nomadgurl for the welcome.
Old 29-11-2013, 13:41   #1559

Boat: Bayliner 2355, looking for a Whitby

Sure lots of people have met here. We all get together in our areas and take turns going to each others boats and have drinking parties and "whatever" single people do, ha ha, ahem....did you not get invited to the swinging party where you are at?
Lordy, I am just so full of it today.....of course im kidding. I haven't even had a drink yet!!!! Even if you don't meet up with someone its fun to just chat with other like minded individuals who just happen to be single. ANd lourd knows this group can keep a conversation going, just try the last one to post wins!!!!
Old 29-11-2013, 15:03   #1560

tim..you are east coast. the east coast contingent meets up in annapolis at boat show, and could possibly meet up other times, all it takes is a reason to party..... post a desire to have a meet up and see what happens..
westcoast almost had an impromptu meet up in zihuatenejo, but neither kordie nor i left our boats during the time they were anchored next to each other...go figger, eh?

come on folks i will be in barra for awhile yet..we gotta have a meet up--them easterners done met up more than 3 times already, and we barely deflected one, so far......
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle