Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 14-02-2011, 11:34   #2116

Boat: 28 ft Intrepid, hull #13
Well now... this is a forum of interest to me and I certainly wouldn't object to meeting up with a cruising companion/soul mate.

I've included a link to my personal profile for your convenience.
Cruising aboard S/V Blondie-Dog: My new and improved profile for "Single Sailor's Seeking Soul Mate", Group Cruiser's Forum..
Old 14-02-2011, 11:39   #2117
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
Wink Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1947wardstewart View Post
Hi Ocean Girl,
Brilliant idea, I've been looking for years for someone to share the adventure, not been successful. I am 63 ,fit, own hair and teeth, no medication, living aboard 33ft carter, currently sailing solo, would love to share this life with someone special.
Can supply photos if required.
Regards Ward
Hi Ward,

Happy Valentines Day!

I'm also, ahem, older, have own hair and teeth and am looking for someone to share the adventure.

I have posted my short profile at the actual SSSSM social forum, here: Cruisers & Sailing Forums - Single Sailors Seeking Soul Mates. You should do the same. And while you're there read some of the profiles from the other wonderful sailing women on this forum. Many to choose from, all looking for someone to share the adventure with.

I'm currently in Georgetown, Exumas, living on my boat, working on some repairs, feeling a bit alone. Where are you now? Tell us more! And a couple pix would be super.

Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 14-02-2011, 11:55   #2118

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Happy Valentine's day .
Don’t give up the ship! your mate is out there, just keep a sharp weather eye out for him/her and play.

Life here is wonderful, I still cant believe I actually found the perfect man (perfect for me ). And I found him here at Cruisers forum!
Hope all is well with everyone, miss you guys.
Erika

PS
Welcome to the singles group Ward
Old 14-02-2011, 12:02   #2119
cruiser

i doubt I will ever find a 'mate'...although i am sure tehre is one out there for me, and everyone. the chances of finding them are impossible... i am not willing to go thru the bs and drama of dealing with and braking up with the 'wrong' person... and in that sense we would both be winners for not trying...

I hope to meet a good friend, but would nto want them to get involved in my bs, and i promise to not get involved in thiers... If we can have fun and enjoy each others company for a while and be able to check out the world we live in and near then better yet... but, just like today's economy, it's a buyers market..., or in other words, it's up to the women to pick thier mates... and when they do, I am sure they will let us know... until then, I just hope to not be a casualty...
Old 14-02-2011, 12:41   #2120
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
thats the spirit people. its Valley Day...a good day to bump this thread up a bit.

Keep faith zeezee! Not all men are self centered megalomaniacal delusional materialistic soulless pits of uselessness and dispair, who you don't want to be around for fear of squashing them like a peach pit...just most sailors. Open up and fly your boat. Something will happen.
Old 14-02-2011, 14:28   #2121
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
thats the spirit people. its Valley Day...a good day to bump this thread up a bit.

Keep faith zeezee! Not all men are self centered megalomaniacal delusional materialistic soulless pits of uselessness and dispair, who you don't want to be around for fear of squashing them like a peach pit...just most sailors. Open up and fly your boat. Something will happen.
i resemble that!!!!

heheheh
Old 14-02-2011, 16:11   #2122
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
smb--you always find he right words to say!!!!! sorry berg--he is right,l ye know--lol.....
Old 16-02-2011, 12:05   #2123

ok guys--ye almost lost me to a beautiful and pompous ass. i was being wooed by this guy for a month and half. i was almost reeled in-- then i learned his pomposity was more than external. i said something under my breath on skype after a call--wasnt even bad--lol-- and he said i am an *******. ok fine. let him think that- i have a project i have been working on for looong time-- and he was a major distraction.not a contender, either-- waay too much money . kept trying to keep me on a hook -- kept trying to keep me from heading under boat to shed said hook-- i did that now-- i am done with that. i need to sail . i need to go to warmer water for my health. i need to find stress free life-- isnt here in sd. is for sure. mebbe in my travels imight find someone who wants to stick it out with me-- who knows-- i do know when yer looking for it , aint gonna happen. lol.. go figger. and i am not a freeking fish. i know how to fish, so it isnt gonna work.
Old 16-02-2011, 12:54   #2124
cruiser

sorry to hear about yet another failed attempt to find a partner... I am nto the best person to offer advice. I can only speak to what 'works' for me... and for that, it means being ok to be by myself... If icant survive on my own and enjoy the good and bad times on my own, i doubt i will be much good with someone else... and as can be seen, i have some issues with being alone still...

I understand the 'mechanics', and the logic, and all that.. but it still dont make sense.. how can so many folks be together.. and still be happy.. my rationale is that although thyey are happy, they are destined to be seperated eventually. at least 50% of them anyways.

and maybe it is better to be with someone part time and enjoy those times, but know that there will be some bad times and probably bad enough to cauase a split.

so, either accept the ggod and bad and keep moving, or do it alone and keep moving...

i would also offer the following as my personal observation... you are a unique person... you are not like anyone i have ever met.... and although this is a good thing, for the most part, it makes finding someone a bit more difficult...

so, you can lament about how you try, and not succeed, and try and not succeed, you can either address things about you to make you more marketable, or just let someone find you, and then be more assured that it might be meant to be.

btw: are you able to button up- the issues on your boat to make it southward? is your crew still with you? do they have any skillz to make this happen and skillz can be just simple support... i.e more then an ocasional phone call.. if they are newbies, are there any plans for shakedown of the boat and the crew?

how are you making out on the replacment items...
Old 16-02-2011, 13:04   #2125

i am aware of my uniqueness and i did bring the issue to the attention of the former alleged suitor.i tried to shake that hook he had in me i am also troubled by the mans constant attempts to grab my attention and try to take over my life -- i am too easily distracted from my projects by the prospect of fun in another area for a minuet--lol-- guess what-- i am not focused more on the boat- lets go sailing-- i have still one crew-- is all i have --one crew---but that may be enough..don know my first stop as yet, but will be south.

the kind of man who tries to take over the life of the lady is not the kind of man i need. i need a man who is willing to be a partner and a team mate, not my daddy-i still have a father, and when he dies, he is gone.
Old 17-02-2011, 05:28   #2126

Boat: carter 33
Hi Margo
Taken your advice, uploaded a few photos, not finding it easy to navigate this site yet but thats probably me, my grand-daughters wouldfind it simple.
How do I find photos of you? how are the repairs going? At the moment I am trying to rebuild a sailomat 601 windvane, just aquired but has rudder assembly missing. I've communicated with San Diego but they want $1500 for said assembley, I'm not in that ball park. If you know of anyone with a manual or parts drawing please let me know.
Its funny to be doing something I love, but no-one to share it,
my e-mail address wardpremiermobility (@ ) live (dot) com
Cheers Ward.
Old 17-02-2011, 05:39   #2127

Boat: carter 33
Been alone for couple of years now, kind of a new experience, not lamenting about it, comfortable with my own company, actually more relaxed than ever, time is right to meet someone.
Boat about ready, making some replacement parts for my windvane, sailomat 601, just purchased this, but has some rudder parts and linkeage missing, if you know of anyone with a parts drawing they could e-mail that would be great.
Apart from that enjoying life,think I should have been born a gypsy.
Regards Ward
Old 17-02-2011, 07:24   #2128

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Zeehag, what you said about men taking over your life, I think every woman can relate! Many times men want to help, to make things better, and it is hard to keep the boundaries clear.

I want to tell you all about a neat-o aspect of meeting my soul mate (here at CF). We were friends for about a year before he finally got the nerve to ask me out. We came together in such a natural way, I describe it like this:
I am rollin down a highway happy as a clam. My highway merges with Brian's highway and his merge with mine. No traffic, sudden brakes, or honking of horns..we just flow together, marching toward the same goal!

I know I don't need to say this cause you know who you are and what you want, but I will say it anyways (cause I can't help meself ) . Just keep truckin down your highway, he will be beside you before ya know it. Don't waste your time on the slow cars or the speeding demons. Stay your course, he will be worth the wait.

Hugs,
Erika
Old 17-02-2011, 09:50   #2129
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Girl View Post
Zeehag, what you said about men taking over your life, I think every woman can relate! Many times men want to help, to make things better, and it is hard to keep the boundaries clear.

I want to tell you all about a neat-o aspect of meeting my soul mate (here at CF). We were friends for about a year before he finally got the nerve to ask me out. We came together in such a natural way, I describe it like this:
I am rollin down a highway happy as a clam. My highway merges with Brian's highway and his merge with mine. No traffic, sudden brakes, or honking of horns..we just flow together, marching toward the same goal!

I know I don't need to say this cause you know who you are and what you want, but I will say it anyways (cause I can't help meself ) . Just keep truckin down your highway, he will be beside you before ya know it. Don't waste your time on the slow cars or the speeding demons. Stay your course, he will be worth the wait.

Hugs,
Erika
Thats a Beautiful thing when that happens!!!!
Old 17-02-2011, 09:55   #2130
cruiser

agreed... when it is right I am sure everyone will know it...

as for men v women and how or why or what. it is typical for men to want to fix things.. that is the role of a a hunter provider... it is socially acceptable now to have the roles change and be altered and evolved, etc, but it maybe un realistic to expect it to happen as quickly or easily as 'traditional' roles...
Closed Thread

Tags
cruising companion, love, single, soul mate