Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 17-02-2011, 10:04   #2131
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
erika, you are a most fortunate lady. i hope all goes perfect for you guys. is fun to watch folks grow into a well fitting relationship/team. smooth sailing, and may you always have fair winds.
Old 18-02-2011, 00:16   #2132

Boat: Roberts 45 Mariah's Child
Yo folks! I had a hard drive failure here in Paradise and getting it fixed took some time and a little money too, but I'm back up and running. Still enjoying life in these parts, eating mangos and pineapple and loosing weight. Life is sweet!

Regards,

Thomas
Old 18-02-2011, 02:23   #2133

uhum...just a silly question here...is there any women sailors reading this or are we just a bunch of gay sailors talking to each others about the woman we're dreaming about ????....all stations,all stations,do you copy...?over...
Old 18-02-2011, 07:43   #2134
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
Y66 - there are no mangos in no california
Old 18-02-2011, 09:08   #2135
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1947wardstewart View Post
Hi Margo
Taken your advice, uploaded a few photos, not finding it easy to navigate this site yet but thats probably me, my grand-daughters wouldfind it simple.
How do I find photos of you?
Hi Ward,

Great pix - love that hair! Nice boat too. Find pix of me on my CF profile page - just like yours.

Sorry, know nothing about windvanes. I do know about haggling with a company to make things right. Just went through this with my wind generator. The new (refurbished) one is almost here now! Yay! Well, it's in Nassau - don't know what that hang up is.

Anyway, PM me (= send me a private message; don't know if your granddaughter would know that one) and let's get to know each other.

Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 18-02-2011, 09:19   #2136
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergovoy View Post
agreed..... that is the role of a a hunter provider... it is socially acceptable now to have the roles change and be altered and evolved, etc, but it maybe un realistic to expect it to happen as quickly or easily as 'traditional' roles...
Can't really agree with you here. I don't think the cave man thing is hard wired in our being. I think what's acceptable now is for couples to be open with each other about who they are and what they want. That's how lives can have the possibility of meshing happily.

Margo

Old 18-02-2011, 09:24   #2137
Eternal Member

Woman here! Yeah, plenty at least read this conversation. But there are more posting to and checking the actual SSSSM social page. Have you posted there, and sent PMs to the females you are interested in? Gotta put yourself out there.

Here you can joke and flirt, and generally be a bower bird, and see who you attract.

Margo

Old 18-02-2011, 09:27   #2138
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysci View Post
Can't really agree with you here. I don't think the cave man thing is hard wired in our being. I think what's acceptable now is for couples to be open with each other about who they are and what they want. That's how lives can have the possibility of meshing happily.

Margo
you seem to say you cant agree with me but then say that for lives to mesh happily they need to do what 'isnt natural', i.e. communicate...

men dont want to talk about fixing stuff, they just do...

but, again, thigns are changing.. men are learning to become woosies.. woman are stepping up... (and then bitching about how touchy feely men are).. heheheh

men are different then women.. women are different then men... the roles are changing/blurring but again that is evidence of how things used to be...
Old 18-02-2011, 09:38   #2139
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by flysci View Post

Margo

Well said - I might add if 2 people can communicate a mutual understand and trust they can experience a closeness that cannot be described in words-we all want the same thing deep down and that’s love -I believe in unconditional Love, where even if your partner is not with you the love still is!
Old 18-02-2011, 09:42   #2140

Quote:
Originally Posted by iciela View Post
uhum...just a silly question here...is there any women sailors reading this or are we just a bunch of gay sailors talking to each others about the woman we're dreaming about ????....all stations,all stations,do you copy...?over...
iciela--there are many ladies , er sailorettes, here. you guys gripe about not being able to find a female for sailing , yet continue to choose felames who donot sail. must be the helplessness factor of those felames attracting the insecurity factor in the male to DO FOR her..... we arent qble to be easily done for--i need a packing gland replacement that some men think is gonna be my doom. is a bit scary. i also need to change out chainplates. then i can go. my deadline has been moved back a lil to april 1. april fools day--perfect day to sail????? yipes. is also a friday. i am not leaving on htat day. i will leave before or after it but not on a friday and not on april fools. lol. i will go to the police muni docks for my share of time then leave accordingly.
we females gripe about not being able to find a mate for sailing. it seeems men are wanting to help ladies in distress, yet a sailorette isnt a lady????
seems men want their OWN boat, not to share a boat belonging to a female?? i donot understand that. is not easy to get a male to assist in a big refit. even with the promise of a sailing adventure.

ram--i have that unconditional love thing--i have a kat named bubba daboatkat. he loves me. is a good kat and protects his home-- tells me when folks break in and where hey went and where the stuff that is missing used to be. goood kitty. never found that with a human, however. humans keep conditions on their feelings.
Old 18-02-2011, 09:49   #2141
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergovoy View Post
you seem to say you cant agree with me but then say that for lives to mesh happily they need to do what 'isnt natural', i.e. communicate...

men dont want to talk about fixing stuff, they just do...

but, again, thigns are changing.. men are learning to become woosies.. woman are stepping up... (and then bitching about how touchy feely men are).. heheheh

men are different then women.. women are different then men... the roles are changing/blurring but again that is evidence of how things used to be...

Communicating and understanding, and kindness is a skill that can be learned even by Neanderthal men-who can evolve into a true Human Being- I’ve learned some of the most important and valuable lessons from woman I love! While at times I have not wanted to “talk about it”with them- it has proven to help me grow as a human being- yes we men are different then woman but we are also alike in more ways than we are different-
no one who knows me would consider me a woosie-
Old 18-02-2011, 10:16   #2142
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
ram--i have that unconditional love thing--i have a kat named bubba daboatkat. he loves me. is a good kat and protects his home-- tells me when folks break in and where hey went and where the stuff that is missing used to be. goood kitty. never found that with a human, however. humans keep conditions on their feelings.
Just because you have not experienced something does not make it untrue!, I believe that if you have ever really loved someone than that cannot be turned off ever, I feel a deep and wonderful love for more than one person who has been in my life, if you can turn it off then it’s likely it was not real love , but ego stroking of each other!
Old 18-02-2011, 10:29   #2143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Just because you have not experienced something does not make it untrue!, I believe that if you have ever really loved someone than that cannot be turned off ever, I feel a deep and wonderful love for more than one person who has been in my life, if you can turn it off then it’s likely it was not real love , but ego stroking of each other!
i find that, after my failed attempts at relating with men, communication is MOST important. unconditional love from and with a human --havent reached that point--maybe never will. i have seen soulmates together--is a beautiful thing to witness.
Old 18-02-2011, 11:23   #2144
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
...I believe in unconditional Love, where even if your partner is not with you the love still is!
i would love to believe in unconditional love, but i have never experienced it. Family, the one 'entitiy' that should be unconditional ISNT....

I have been disowned by brothers, sisters, moms and dad, at one point or other... at one time i just thought it was something that was said in anger and nto really meant, but i have learned that it is true... I do believe my father didnt mean it... he said it wan we were younger, but after a short period, we never heard it from him again..

and i never heard it from my mother, but she showed me that I was disowned, over and over again...

the brothers and sisters, proved that blood is not thicker then water... it is every one for thier own...

and my now my daughter.... she is effing lazy and who knows whatshe means and wants, but for the last few years, when i wanted and needed help, she wasnt there, nor is she there for me now... not even to spend the last few moments together before i take off and probably never see her again...

it seems stupid to 'stay in touch', and or express missing someone when you cant even take the time to hang with someone during thier last momeents, especially when they arent doing anythign anyways...

My father was married 7 times, and divorced 6 and anulled once... he has had at least 8 children... that i know of...

my oldest brother was married 3-4 times, and has two children from two different mothers, who he never sees, and my next older brother was married 2 times...

I have been married once...had one kid, I tired, and failed and gave up.. and had a vasectomy... (not going to repeat my father or brother),...

the price paid to try to find love is painful and expensive and fruitless... I am jealous of those that find true love and can hang onto them for years, decades and longer... I truly wish i could have found that... they saying that there are other fish in the sea and there is always someone for everyone is BS...if i do find someone now, I will have lost a lifetime of esperience to fall in love with... and they will have avoided a lifetime of crap....

i would die to experience unconditional love but believe I will die first....

I am not bitter about others finding it, but am cynical and kinda believe that they will eventually fail... and love it when i am wrong...

my grandparents survived 67 years of marriage... and I used to think that was the perfect relationship, until i found out my grandfather was a pedophile and pervert and cheater...

but, they knew what unconditional love was, and they knew that life is short... they led a life that everyone was jealous of, (until we all found out after they died)

sorry for the dark cloud on a good topic, and i hope others do find a partner from this discussion...
Old 18-02-2011, 11:35   #2145
cruiser

my comments about woosies and all that are 'generalizations'... i am sure youall have heard them before and i am sure you understand the generalizations have some form of 'truth', or background that leads to thier use in our language and discussion...

and like all things you can be good with 'women' or people, and do all things 'right', but just have bad luck... and or have bad taste in women...

I loved my (ex) wife... she was perfect for me... she wasnt glam or glitz or druggy, or alcoholic, or pary animal... she was smart, logical, and motivated and all that...

but, she was also lazy... she was ocd and didnt like changes and or 'hassles'... basiclly she would prefer to be alone then to deal with comprimising once in a while...

and in return, I was the one who had to comprimise on everything... i gave up everything i liked to try to keep her happy... no more dinner parties for family and friends, and or co workers or bosses.. no more holiday dinners... no more cooking of certain foods that 'smelled up the house', (fried foods).... no more lunging around after sunday breakfast reading paper... in fact every day there was household chores.. (spread out over the week something for each day)

no more relaxing after work... come home, cook dinner, clean up dinner mess... etc...

not that she would sit around waiting to be fed, she would do whatever was scheduled, etc.

and on and on...

And now, after 15 years of being divorced, and dealing with the daughter, and being disowned again, I have no desire to comprimise...

it's all about me...it's all about what makes me feel good, or less bad?

if i were a player and party animal i would be councing around picking up on loose women and duumping them...

(sorry, waking up now)

If i could find a partner who shared everything i value, and all that, i would be all over it... but the chances are unlikely.. allong with the fact that we would just now be meeting when both of us are past our prime as far as 'physically attractive', and all that...

oh well
Closed Thread

Tags
cruising companion, love, single, soul mate