Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2017, 18:34   #826

Boat: Tinker Traveller...a dozen feet of bluewater awesomeness!
Re: Post the Worst "For Sale" Picture You've Seen.

Probably can't say it's the "worst", but what the hey?! What are they selling here?
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/bpo/6145386877.html
Old 03-06-2017, 22:39   #827
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Too many and they’re all for sale

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1778.JPG
Views:	663
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	149131

When doing comps the other day I ran across this gem! I couldn't help myself but shared this listing with the entire office. But I didn't stop there, I emailed the guy and told him I had an interested client but they wanted to know if the stuffed animals conveyed and if he could put together a full inventory before we put in an offer contingent of the collection [emoji23]

I haven't heard back yet. But have yourselves some fun and check out the Allied Mistress in FL on YachtWorld

Feel free to ask me about actual full service brokerage for only 7% with Knot 10 Yacht Sales - find me on our crew page, Spencer Kent
Old 03-06-2017, 23:01   #828
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Too many and they’re all for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd0n View Post
Again, not really a "worst" picture, but a pet peeve that I see in WAAAAY to many ads...

How does showing me your cutesy-pie sign help me decide if this is the boat for me? And if you don't intend to include the sign in the sale, then don't feature it in your ad! I put this in the same category as the pictures I see of the dog, the cat, the kids, the fish you caught, or the wife (seriously? are you selling her too?).

Back to the hatred of PopYachts the reason they have so many "cutesy" pictures is each of their "brokers" are required a minimum number of pictures per boat since an alarming % of their boats are 1. Never seen by the "broker" and 2. Never seen by the customer but sent to survey and shipped. I feel bad for anyone who lists or buys from them.

They troll their listings by saying "if you sell it yourself you don't owe us a commission" because they don't do any extra advertising. Their listings typically come from people sitting in their kitchen trolling Craigslist at $40/listing or whatever. That gets kicked up the chain to a local broker and any good ones go to their guys in Sarasota (their only brick and mortar location)

They're basically the Pyramid Scheme of the boat world.

Feel free to ask me about actual full service brokerage for only 7% with Knot 10 Yacht Sales - find me on our crew page, Spencer Kent
Old 04-06-2017, 01:43   #829

Quote:
Originally Posted by snort View Post
Probably can't say it's the "worst", but what the hey?! What are they selling here?
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/bpo/6145386877.html

Got your attention though, didn't it?

Back when I was building the boat there was a gas fitting company that had the most irritating ads on the Radio. The shop was called "The gas cylinder" and the ads had a near constant sssssssssing sound. I hated those ads.

But when I needed a gasfitter, guess what shop immediately came to mind?
Old 04-06-2017, 06:09   #830

Boat: ‘01 Catana 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureStories View Post
Attachment 149131

When doing comps the other day I ran across this gem! I couldn't help myself but shared this listing with the entire office. But I didn't stop there, I emailed the guy and told him I had an interested client but they wanted to know if the stuffed animals conveyed and if he could put together a full inventory before we put in an offer contingent of the collection [emoji23]

I haven't heard back yet. But have yourselves some fun and check out the Allied Mistress in FL on YachtWorld

I've seen that one before, the clutter makes me wonder where the humans fit!!

And the engine room is a pile of spaghetti!
Old 04-06-2017, 06:21   #831

Boat: Wauquiez Hood 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureStories View Post
Back to the hatred of PopYachts the reason they have so many "cutesy" pictures is each of their "brokers" are required a minimum number of pictures per boat since an alarming % of their boats are 1. Never seen by the "broker" and 2. Never seen by the customer but sent to survey and shipped. I feel bad for anyone who lists or buys from them.

They troll their listings by saying "if you sell it yourself you don't owe us a commission" because they don't do any extra advertising. Their listings typically come from people sitting in their kitchen trolling Craigslist at $40/listing or whatever. That gets kicked up the chain to a local broker and any good ones go to their guys in Sarasota (their only brick and mortar location)

They're basically the Pyramid Scheme of the boat world.
Yep. Popyachts are the ambulance chasers of the brokerage biz. Hated by real brokers.

Boat Vinyl Lettering and Graphics
Old 04-06-2017, 21:36   #832

1999 33' Scarab AVS 178hrs Innovation Marine DPX600's (540cid) all Original, 2nd owner. 39' Myco trailer with Drives guard included. $59,000

https://houston.craigslist.org/boa/6136287351.html
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	01616_5fJbqWx3toK_1200x900.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	149192  
Old 05-06-2017, 05:32   #833

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post
Got your attention though, didn't it?
For about 2 seconds. Then I thought, "The motor must be a real POS if this is the only way this bozo thinks he can sell it."

I know I'm getting old, but even when I was young, that sort of thing was just about the WORST way to sell me something. Again, I always thought "If she ain't included in the sale, then what the heck is she there for!?!"

(Now, of course, if she IS included, then $100 seems like an extraordinarily reasonable price!)
Old 05-06-2017, 06:55   #834
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

Quote:
For about 2 seconds. Then I thought, "The motor must be a real POS if this is the only way this bozo thinks he can sell it."

I know I'm getting old, but even when I was young, that sort of thing was just about the WORST way to sell me something. Again, I always thought "If she ain't included in the sale, then what the heck is she there for!?!"

(Now, of course, if she IS included, then $100 seems like an extraordinarily reasonable price!)

Keep looking at the other photos, see if it clears it up
Old 05-06-2017, 11:59   #835

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
Keep looking at the other photos, see if it clears it up
Well, see, that's the other thing. Not going to bother. When you're selling an outboard motor, and your first picture is a big-breasted woman, you've just lost me as a potential buyer. One glance -- like I said, about 2 seconds -- and I'm not going to waste anymore time on your advertisement. Doesn't really matter what your other pictures are, because I'm not going to look at them.

(And I hope you realize, a64pilot, that I'm speaking generically above. I don't actually mean YOUR advertisement, as I'm pretty sure you wouldn't post an ad like that.)
Old 05-06-2017, 12:29   #836

Boat: Tinker Traveller...a dozen feet of bluewater awesomeness!

Quote:
Well, see, that's the other thing. Not going to bother. When you're selling an outboard motor, and your first picture is a big-breasted woman, you've just lost me as a potential buyer. One glance -- like I said, about 2 seconds -- and I'm not going to waste anymore time on your advertisement. Doesn't really matter what your other pictures are, because I'm not going to look at them.

(And I hope you realize, a64pilot, that I'm speaking generically above. I don't actually mean YOUR advertisement, as I'm pretty sure you wouldn't post an ad like that.)
I looked for 3 seconds, but got all confused about the meaning of four-stroke.
Old 06-06-2017, 20:58   #837

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigslist
Are you ready for the time of your life? Champagne, scantily clad women and the ocean breeze blowing through your thick full head of hair? If you are I have the sail boat of your dreams. Just imagine hitting the open sea in this baby just you and the water as you take in the breath taking backgrounds of Hawaii, Paraguay and the French Riviara. Your options are limitless, **** you can sail to the moon in it, if you take enough drugs. I first hand know nothing about sailing but if you have the balls to put this beautiful piece of American craftsmanship in water then I'll just say, make sure all your affairs in order and your wife has a great life insurance policy cause your probably going to die. With that said the boat comes with sail and rudder let God have Mercey on your soul if you put this in the water. You would have a better chance of survival in WW2 on the beaches of Normandy with a blind fold on. That's a joke the boat needs a lot of work. The trailer is actually in the best shape if you have another use for a trailer or maybe you actually do like the boat! Well that comes with it. Open to trades as long as it's not a sailboat call or text
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/6162553101.html
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	00707_etycW2SwhST_600x450.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	149332  
Old 10-06-2017, 18:00   #838

Smile Re: Post the Worst "For Sale" Picture You've Seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCoys View Post
Blow up doll anyone?
Attachment 147827
LOL; If those bulkheads could talk!
Old 10-06-2017, 18:07   #839
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

Quote:

No, keep looking, the rest of the pictures are of several different manufactures of motors, and of course several different motors.
So which one is for sale? I meant it got even more confusing the more you looked
Old 18-06-2017, 03:32   #840

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

This needs a bit of paint and filler but should be good after a few weekends work, oh and only £25,000 so quite a bargain.

Alternatively you could look upon it as a rather sad case as its never going to see water again, not helped with the lassisz-faire attitude of the owner. What a shame.

project 55ft twin screw steel motor yacht 12berths ,houseboat charter etc | eBay
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Steel.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	150065  
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle, sale