Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 14:11   #196

Boat: De Kleer Fraser 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstreep View Post
Knock it off! PETA

Patrick
Old 09-01-2009, 15:30   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper View Post
Oh come on now....This is a commercial site . I have said it before and will say it again. Its primary goal is traffic. This is what the owner gets paid for.
It's all clear to me now! If I could get 15 pages (and 8600 views) of traffic by getting someone to leave ....... well, never mind.

I have mixed feelings about Chuck's departure: He never said anything bad about the Red Sox, but he never said anything good either.

Oh, sorry ........ wrong forum. There's nothing going on here that a few beers wouldn't cure. Here's to you, Chuck!

Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)
Old 11-01-2009, 16:27   #198
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
I hope that this thread served its purpose:

Say farewell to Chuck and express our interests that he come back.

Air out some of the questions about the board and how it is run and moderated.

There are some that feel another board might serve their purposes better and there are some that like this forum the way it is. And, of course there are some that "cruise" multiple sites.

The mods here are not perfect. We've freely admitted that. The rules are posted and we try our best to moderate to the rules.

The moderation can always be questioned via private message. We sincerely hope the members can understand that moderation is best done in private. We still feel the majority would prefer not to have their "mistakes" paraded in the whole forum.

If you have been moderated this thread should reassure you that others have been and will be moderated and you are not alone. We all get a little pasionate at times, including the moderators, and we are only attempting to keep it friendly.

I am closing this thread at this point as noted above we are at the point of horse abuse.

<edit> - PS - One final loop. The moderators discussed thoroughly the idea of having a "Bilge" thread, totally off topic from boating. The majority felt that this site should be kept on the topic of boating and so we will not be creating a non-boat topic forum at this time.
Closed Thread