Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-09-2013, 16:49   #136

Boat: Lindsey Center Cockpit 39' Ketch
Re: Do You Pee Standing Up

Boatman you gotem rollin on the cabin sole.......now they really gotta go pee.....

Life is good when you can Laugh>>>>>

S/V Water Wings
fjwiley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2013, 16:56   #137

just be careful when up wind...

funny thread...thanks for all the smiles and laughs....almost better than coops in the joke thread...Cheers
LoveMyWoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2013, 16:58   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolishsailor View Post
My three year old two weeks ago decided she wanted to pee like daddy. She decided this while we had some friends over for dinner. She goes in the bathroom, stands on her stool and screams at the top of her lungs "look daddy i can pee like you do even tho i have a ba'gina (how she says it)" So you can imagine that as i ran to the bathroom the whole dinner table followed. And yea she can do it. Aim is a problem though. Wish i had a camera.
It sounds like your daughter will grow up just fine!

Something I haven't seen mentioned yet is peeing in wet weather or heavy going. In rough seas it can be seasickness-inducing to go below (there is nothing more likely to induce nausea than sitting head-down in a confined space on a wildly-moving boat), and peeing over the side is very dangerous in those conditions. No need for a container - just piss on the cockpit sole (sitting is safest). The rain and/or seas will immediately wash it overboard. But having a crap requires a bucket in any sailing conditions.
Mirror16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 05:59   #139

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: Do You Pee Standing Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkindredpdx View Post
My buddy runs fishing charters (no head) and we all use the gallon jug. Pour overboard, rinse, and stow. Pretty simple and safe. Don't disagree about standing, just where you're standing.

As for cleaning the head, am I the only person with a shower hose and head the size of a small phone booth?
You all use the SAME gallon jug? Betcha that grosses Teknav out!

Most times, my shower doubles as how ya get to the V berth. Pretty clever really. Need to rig a small pump tho as it currently drains into the bilge. I prefer the ol sun shower in the cockpit. That and my wind gen ought to keep neighbors at bay.
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 12:43   #140
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelex 77 View Post
Ladies and gentlemen I give you the solution. An oval water jug.

Stand, kneel, sit whatever takes your fancy.

It can be tipped overboard from the cockpit while you are still tethered on.

I believe the bucket club does not discriminate based on size, colour or shape, so subject to DOJ approval you may even qualify you for this venerable CF institution.
A bucket needs a handle.

Just sayin'........
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 15:13   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyWoodie View Post
just be careful when up wind...

f
Thats why you always go on the leeward side. Or as the Brits call it...looward?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror16 View Post
Something I haven't seen mentioned yet is peeing in wet weather or heavy going.
No need to do anything but go...you're already wet!
Miniyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 15:36   #142

Boat: Sparkman & Stephens Deb 33 - Design 1873 MkII deep keel - 1974 UK/Dutch built version Tartan 34C

Haven’t read all the replies, but my 2 cents: I tell all blokes to take a firm hold (of the standing rigging!) & pee above deck amidships with the wind, but only when we're in decent conditions. If the conditions are too risky or ladies are present, all are instructed to pee sitting in the head. My wife is German, so men sitting to pee is pretty standard (yes, true!) in households situations anyway.

Aside: I was shocked for days once, when we were over for dinner at a male German friend's home. He provided explicit instructions to sit to pee, when I was asking for the bathroom. Took me a while to come to terms with that!
BoomBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 15:48   #143

Only when I'm not wearing a dress.
sailpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 15:49   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBrake View Post
Haven’t read all the replies, but my 2 cents: I tell all blokes to take a firm hold (of the standing rigging!) & pee above deck amidships with the wind, but only when we're in decent conditions. If the conditions are too risky or ladies are present, all are instructed to pee sitting in the head. My wife is German, so men sitting to pee is pretty standard (yes, true!) in households situations anyway.

Aside: I was shocked for days once, when we were over for dinner at a male German friend's home. He provided explicit instructions to sit to pee, when I was asking for the bathroom. Took me a while to come to terms with that!
We've learned here recently the term is sitzsprayer , or ginger. I've forgotten which.
Old 26-09-2013, 16:09   #145

Boat: Big brick box and a '62 Airstream Ambassador. Formerly Pacific Seacraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginia boy View Post
Standing up, because I haven't figured out how to pee into a plastic jug while sitting.
Ya I'm a jug dude too, wide-mouthed juice bottles, inform your intimate crew about the "apple juice" bottle. My wife ignores it well enough, but we almost came to blows when she threw my jug away and left me to cope with a tiny-mouthed plastic milk jug. She'd kick my ass though.

I'm just not gonna be that guy watching my boat sail away from me, (not from taking a whiz anyway) so it's a policy.

I definitely do it sitting down while helming in a seaway, jug or head. Anyone who's singlehanded at sea - especially bundled up and foulies - knows what an effing production it can be.
cheoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 16:32   #146

Having learned the hardest way possible, I generally use a laundry detergent container. Wide mouth and ain't nobody gonna make a mistake. I still have the same one from two boats ago but the new boat deserves a new jug.

I don't know what the half-life is on that plastic, but why risk it?
Old 26-09-2013, 17:49   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheoah View Post
Ya I'm a jug dude too, wide-mouthed juice bottles, inform your intimate crew about the "apple juice" bottle. My wife ignores it well enough, but we almost came to blows when she threw my jug away and left me to cope with a tiny-mouthed plastic milk jug. She'd kick my ass though.

I'm just not gonna be that guy watching my boat sail away from me, (not from taking a whiz anyway) so it's a policy.

I definitely do it sitting down while helming in a seaway, jug or head. Anyone who's singlehanded at sea - especially bundled up and foulies - knows what an effing production it can be.
YES mark the "apple juice" jug....poison!gawd that would give ya sea sickness if ya slugged back a swallowfull when ya woke up dry....hehehe!
LoveMyWoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 17:50   #148

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by sy_gilana View Post
Rule 1.
Everyone on Gilana pees while sitting...
Everyone on Gilana uses the head to pee.
No-one on Gilana pees over the side.
Oops, I'll remember that next time I'm aboard! :-)
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 17:59   #149

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

A long time ago, North sails had a fling in the foulie market... one of the first "hi-tek" sets of foul wx gear. Quite similar to what is on the market these days, with one exception: the trousers had a velcro closure fly! What a great idea! I must admit that sailing on the chilly SF bay at the time, and wearing jeans or fleece and unders layered up, and with the natural shrinkage that men experience in cold conditions that it was a struggle to not piss down your leg, but what a relief to not have to remove the jacket and then drop the trousers before relieving yourself. Wonder why none of the outfits that I've seen lately have that feature?

Cheers,

Jim
Old 26-09-2013, 18:00   #150

Boat: 40' Silverton Aftcabin with twin Crusaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheoah View Post

SMART SAILOR!!!
foggysail is offline   Reply With Quote