Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-06-2016, 10:56   #1

Changing lifestyle , and live aboard

hi all
i am swiss/italian, and live in brazil. Until 2018 i want to prepare to live aboard with my wife and daughter, 3 years of age, six month per year, and setup a sailing boat live aboard and dive business in south east asia.A hot spot i am thinking about is Palawan in the Philippines, El Nido and Coron region. Other destinations are considered. I want to find a place that is not overcroweded with similar businesses. I have been in Raja Ampat four years ago. A great destination, but already over 30 boats offering the same service. I want to chose a place which offers enough landscape and dive attractions, and good accessibility by plane. This is a new venture, i have no experience. The two years of preparation will be to find and buy a boat, prepare it for this purpose, find a staff and everything else. One of my questions is: Lets say i find a boat in the mediterranean, how much time would it take to get to the philippines, and cost ? I would like to hear input from you guys, experienced with sailing and this kind of business. Problems, things to take special care and attention, etc. Also partnering with someone with similar plans is considered. In the last couple of days, i checked what boats are available , and i thought this boat was a great oportunity. Its a Dutch built Classic Schooner, designed by Lunstroo.

https://en.bva-auctions.com/auction/...rochure-en.pdf

It was sold at auction the 8th of June for 150th euros, 1/3th of the regular asking price, Any input is much apprechiated.
Otangelo is offline   Reply With Quote