Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-09-2010, 12:52   #1
Boating writer, book author

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Various
Canadian Who is South Bound?

I'm a journalist urgently seeking interviews with Canadians who winter in the Sunbelt, especially Florida. Hopefully you're there already or have been there before because I need to know what you like about the area ashore and afloat. This is an upbeat story altho I can also listen to gripes, problems and solutions. I'll also need a photo. This is for a publication read by Canadian retirees.
Old 23-09-2010, 13:13   #2

Boat: Custom Cutter 38
While we are not retired, we were lucky enough to be able to take the boat South to Florida a couple of years ago. We plan to do it again in 2011. What would you like to know?
sailingmonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2010, 13:34   #3

Boat: TPI Lagoon 35ccc Catamaran designed by Morrelli & Melvin
Canadian Snowbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetGroene View Post
I'm a journalist urgently seeking interviews with Canadians who winter in the Sunbelt, especially Florida...
Janet,
Check out Zenith catamaran blog byNicole Blanchard and Yvon Chiasson
Longueuil, Québec, Canada
Longueuil, Quebec, Canada:

Zenith Blog Google Translate

They planned retirement and started their dream by buying a Lagoon 35 catamaran in Connecticut, sailing for three years on Lake Champlain, and after retirement sailed down to Florida and to the Bahamas in 2008-2009. They left the boat in FL for the summer of 2009 and returned to Quebec. In 2009-2010 they cruised the Florida Keys first and then went to the Bahamas

They have contact information on their blog.

They are actually considering selling Zenith and purchasing a canal boat in Europe and spending the next two years on the canals and rivers of Europe.

Marshall