Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-05-2014, 11:26   #31

Boat: 1985 President Marine 41 DC
Send a message via Skype™ to tjones1777
Re: Liveaboard Marinas Near Tampa

We live at Pasadena Marina, opposite end of Central Ave as the Muni Marina. We considered the Muni Marina but changed once we visited Pasadena. It's small, very well sheltered and very friendly atmosphere and residents. Fees are $10/ft plus $170 for liveaboard - includes water, pump outs, pool and bath house facilities. Has cable and 50A service as well as minimal laundry facilities (walk to full commercial Laundromat). We love it here. Would add about 15-20 to commute times listed above but is <5 min from several beaches and 10 min to open water with no bridges.
tjones1777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 06:51   #32

Boat: Morgan 30
Send a message via Yahoo to UDTMIKE

Regatta Point Marina is a fantastic liveaboard marina. In Palmetto, fl, just south of Tampa. Super nice people, ask for Dan or Margaret. Great rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
UDTMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2016, 07:23   #33

Hi Chris,
My husband and I also left dreary Ohio to come to sunny Florida. I am looking for a liveaboard marina a little closer to Bradenton. I am aware of several there, but, would welcome any suggestions before we make a decision.
Thanks
JB
Matti183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 05:52   #34
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, JB.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 07:08   #35

Re: Liveaboard marinas near Tampa

Good morning! My wife and I are boat-shopping right now in the process of also relocating from North Carolina to the St Pete/Clearwater area. She's interviewing in Dunedin, and I am a retired vet on disability. Any recommendations for marinas accommodating 50-70 foot boats with liveaboards? Your post seemed pretty on-point, so I thought you might be a good person to talk to.
rwaldrop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 07:11   #36

Good morning and hello all! New to the CruiserForum, and excited to say that my wife and I are looking for a liveaboard marina in the St Pete/Clearwater/Dunedin/Palm Harbor/Tarpon Springs area. We're also boat shopping, but have come to the conclusion that we're going to be looking at a 50-60 foot boat to meet our needs. I am a disabled vet, so any marinas that offer discounts/consideration would be top of the list. I look forward to any assistance I can get, and in the meantime, thank you all!
Old 18-11-2019, 09:08   #37

Boat: Leopard Catamaran

The Ft Myers, and Cape Coral city marinas are the cheapest in the area, and honor all Government preferences.

There is another private marina on east side of Cape Coral also live aboard friendly.
capn_billl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 15:13   #38

Thanks Capn Bill - Unfortunately, my wife's interviewing in Dunedin so we're looking on that side of Tampa Bay. Ft Myers and Cape Coral are over 2 hours away. I appreciate the information though!
Old 19-11-2019, 11:20   #39

Re: Liveaboard marinas near Tampa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakuflames View Post
When was the last time you checked? Most marinas around here have space. However, most places also restrict the number of live-aboards. If St. Pete Marina is filled up, I know one about 15 minutes from there...
Good afternoon! If you're still active on here, and still in the Tampa area, do you have any liveaboard recommendations from St Pete north to Tarpon Springs? We're in the acquisition stage for a boat and liveaboard marina, but my wife's job looks to be moving to the Dunedin area. Thanks!
Old 19-11-2019, 13:00   #40

I don't think there are any "liveaboard" marina's in Hillsborough county (Tampa, Apollo Beach). Yes there are some living aboard anchored in the seaplane basin (Davis Island), but the city is trying to clean that up citing it interferes with the seaplane traffic. Downtown St. Pete is where I would want to go. Dunedin would be nice as well depending on your commute.
TampaTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 13:12   #41

Boat: Hunnter Legend 37.5

I'm from the Tampa Bay area. If she's working in Dunedin, than don't go any farther south than Clearwater. The commute will be terrible.

Since Floridians don't winterize, boats are always in the water. The liveaboard moniker is less important. Try Clearwater harbor marina, or Dunedin marina.
bensolomon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liveaboard, marinas