Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Sailor Logs & Cruising Plans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-09-2014, 11:05   #31

Boat: Freedom Express 39 cat ketch
Start Cruising in BVI September 18th

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastdaddy View Post
Hmm, do not take this wrong but how helpful is just knowing there is something without any more information that you gave. I know a guy in San Diego who can do window tinting for less than the other guys who do it (example of info but not enough for you to actually get tint from this guy).

I need info I can act on not start asking around to more people if they know of this place a guy on a forum talked about. That's not much better than the info I have now which is that the Discount Marine on Nanny Cay is not really an "Authorized" outlet. Also I have no car and only a dinghy to get to said place.

Just for the very helpful who mean well with their posts think about your post just a bit. Are you giving someone who will read your post enough information to act on it and make use of that info? That is all I meant by my "current info" statement. Nothing personal just wanted to get actionable info to get me out of here. If it's a taxi ride away the taxi ride may cost me more than the discount as well.

Again, don't take it personal I hope if you re-read your post you'll see you meant well (I am assuming) but failed to clarify enough for me to do something with the info (no names, location/address, telephone...)

-David

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum

David,
Please don't take this in the wrong way. You've been given poor info about a cruising permit in regards to use of moorings in the BVI. I thought you could use some better info and decided to reply with an offer of assistance in the USVI.

I'm sorry you thought my post lacked clarity despite the fact that I confirmed the existence of a major chandlery and brought other chandleries to your attention. There are probably over 30 independent local specialty contractors and suppliers that I chose not to provide names, phone numbers and a description of each individual entity. I also didn't suggest exactly where to anchor/moor, what dinghy dock to use and how best to get around the island for every possible option. Clearly I'm lazy and unwilling to help visiting cruisers. There doesn't seem to be anything in my response where it was suggested that you ask around about anything. In fact to the contrary, I clearly suggested that you are welcome to PM me for specifics. Since I want to leave this on a positive note: Here's some actionable info, the safaris run clockwise around the Island.

You have a unique way of requesting information...

Enjoy your adventure!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Rubikoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2014, 16:22   #32

Boat: Lagoon 410 S2 2006
Re: Start Cruising in BVI September 18th

Update, we are on the boat, living the adventure. We couldn't be happier. The weather is perfect. Water is clear. The BVI is uncrowded and the people are friendly. What a great place to be. No need to rush here. We are enjoying the off season quite nicely here and making friends at each stop.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
onefastdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising