Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-09-2012, 03:45   #31

Re: Adding 5ft means what in extra $$$?!

First conclusion here: boat folks are super helpful people. I am learning a lot here...so Cheers To ALL!

Hearing all this sends me down a few rabbit holes. I wont go above 35ft - no reason to for me. Of course if the perrrfect boat comes along at 37 - i just might bend that rule a touch! I think I am in the market for a well refit boat since I could spend more $ doing it myself sounds like. Also BEAM is super important here I am learning - along w/ cabin layout. And maintenance costs depends on gizmos and gadgets not just size - but size does matter....we all know that. its not all that simple huh? Of course not.

The boat that recently got my heart beating is this one:

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...url=&imc=pg-fs

Its sold - but looks great to me. Lots of new stuff, not too too old, nice manageable length, good, comfy layout I could easily live in, headroom, airy, low engine hours, to name a few. I can single-hand her if need be. Most people seem to like IPs. Its seems the IP32 avg about 30k more....not sure if thats worth it. This boat would only need a few little additions for me it seems. Not sure exactly how much extra $ i would need to make her 'fully' mine which is something i need more time to research.

But can she go offshore? I have read different opinions...
presentmoment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 09:32   #32

Re: Adding 5ft means what in extra $$$?!

The IP31 shows how much room you can really get in a 31 footer. Like you, there seems to be a limit of dollars one wants to spend on 31 feet though.... on the other hand, resale of an IP is usually higher and faster I would think. i would have no issue at all with taking an IP offshore....

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote