Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Marinas
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-10-2013, 16:53   #1
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Summering in Barrra de Navidad

means time in a marina with minimal amenities and maximal pricing.
there is no , repeat NO wifi to boats. none zero. get your own banda ancha, and that may not work, for your 500 pesos monthly to telcel or your favorite carrier. .
arrange own propane delivery or car pool with someone owning a vehicle here.
arrange own drinking water delivery.
uhoh make a regulator for the dock water so you dont blow hoses out ... the water pressure is awesome high.

it is gorgeous here and a decent furycame hole. do not expect on board wifi as is offered in the other marinas i have found in mexico. it is not merely not offered, it is denied. it used to be provided by the hotel, however, that change was made this summer. very interesting.

if there are any changes i will advise.

seems the name of the tech guy at hotel who is supposed to be repairing this intermittently delivered alleged amenity has name of carlos.
funny how only one desk guy has been able to fix the problem yet the tech guy is not able to so do...and now there is a key to the room in which modem is locked. hhmmmmm
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 18:02   #2

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours
Re: summering in barrra de navidad

Hay Zee, if ya need a pressure regulater for your hose, I can get ya one at camping World and send it to ya !! If yall want ! They are pretty cheap and light so don't mind sending it to ya !! message us or say on here if ya wish !! We have been useing these for yrs they work well.
Old 29-10-2013, 18:49   #3

usually the marinas have em. i made one as we do not pay water here, i allow meself to waste a tad, after i learned about how to make my own....only 3 more weeks in marina, mebbe 4 max. depends on air conditioner..if it cleans up good i will stay another couple few weeks...if not..i will exit to lagoon. right now it is sending water droplets out the top--i will look inside tomorrow and see if i can save it.
thankyou for offer, tho...i think next year we spend time in mebbe guaymas on hard for a couple months and sail with friends for a bit...repair deep stuff then more south....huatulco mebbe summer after next....we see....
Old 21-07-2014, 16:42   #4

Boat: dinghies and monohulls small and large

Hi Zeehag,

I was trying to PM you but I do not see that option. May I ask a big favor and you pm me? I have been reading yours entries for years and I have a medical in mexico question for you that I would prefer not to make public. I have read your nursing background and with all your exp cruising/living in MX I cannot think of a better gal to talk to.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Cherise
Cherise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2014, 17:55   #5
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
Hi Zeehag,

I was trying to PM you but I do not see that option. May I ask a big favor and you pm me? I have been reading yours entries for years and I have a medical in mexico question for you that I would prefer not to make public. I have read your nursing background and with all your exp cruising/living in MX I cannot think of a better gal to talk to.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Cherise
zeehag got banned from the forum,not sure why,but she does not have a high tolerance of idiots.
you can find her on facebook where she continues to help many good cruising folk in her own special way........a sad loss to the forum imho.

https://www.facebook.com/zeehag?fref=ts
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2014, 00:30   #6

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
Hi Zeehag,

Thanks a lot in advance,
Cherise
She also appears on sailnet.

You might also check CF's Mermaids, someone there may be able to put you in contact with her.

There is a rumor that her banning will be finished at the end of the month. Whether or not she will choose to return to CF, is unknown to me. I personally hope she does, but I can certainly understand why she might not want to.

Ann
Old 22-07-2014, 00:51   #7

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Cherise,

I tried to PM you, but they said you don't exist. How strange.

Here is what I wrote:

"Hi, Cherise, it's Ann,

I have dealt with some medical issues while we were in Mexico. If you are unable to contact Zeehag, I'd be glad to write to you and see if I can help. It wouldn't be the same. I am not a nurse. But I know a little about various medicines, and more than I'd like to about doctors and hospitals. And I do pay attention. Am a long term cruiser (30+ yrs), which makes me an oldie who has gone through a lot of *stuff*."

So, PM me, if you can't contact Karen.

Ann
Old 17-08-2014, 14:09   #8

Re: Summering in Barrra de Navidad

lol we got her (cherise)is all good...

as for marina here--update--is still need to bring own wifi system.
i am having difficulty bypassing the hotel fail modem.
learned the system in hotel is now fail also, as the it guy had a puter program controlling all and it failed. omg.. oh well we see where this goes, but i have a feeling we gonna get the same runaround we beeen getting for loooong time, and i already advised em i wont bring anyone else into this most gorgeous and lovely place because folks neeed wifi. wifi and banda ancha connections are better in lagoon anchorage than in marina.
we are up to 58 percent reliable signal, with smaller percent connections. whoot. celebrate. is not enough fro skype nor for necessary weather sites... oops...

other than the hotel from hell, this place is awesome. we have mechanics and electricians and injector pump rebuild geniuses who havebeen in this business for over 15 yrs and raised and families here and such-- donot speak english, but, then, in mexico, if you cannot speak spanish and if you trust a gringo mechanic, you get what you deserve. it will cost ye a lot more than you hoped it never would.
find a good mexican mexchanic and team, you have excellence. sorry to say this, but i have not met an ex pat worker here who is worth a squat. they are cons-cam-thief type and prove it repeatedly. ask third day about johnco.
we now have an excellent team in barra de navidad. mechanic is named luis diaz, aka maestro diaz, electrician named chevios, and pump rebuilder named javier. all these men have excellent reputations in this marine market here in manzanillo port area , and with fishermen.
we can now afford to break down in barra de navidad, jalisco, mexico.
is not a problem any more.
Old 17-08-2014, 14:25   #9

Boat: dinghies and monohulls small and large
Re: Summering in Barrra de Navidad

Hi Everyone!

Hey thanks Ann! Nope I never received an email and I just was given a response to this thread from Atoll. Weird (or maybe I'm weird and CF challenged?!). Yep ZeeHag found me (thanks Atoll!).

Were so glad your engine is getting back to working order. Nice promo for the locals. Thanks for the info! Hang in there re:net, that sucks!

Happy Sunday- C
Cherise is offline   Reply With Quote