Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 16:54   #16

Boat: CSY 44 Tall rig Sold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fareweather View Post
It's all so clear now, thanks for the chuckle Neil. LOL
Yep mate , im now 100% sure that you work for the marina , i agree with susan , a hig sarcastic tone, but i dont care to much, this forum is free for agree or disagree, im still dont agree with the marina, other people in this forum agree , and i respect other people opinions,mate, something you need to learn, sorry to say this, in any case no one in this post say that the marina charge 1 $ ft except JusDreaming, thanks for the info.
Cheers.
neilpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 17:16   #17

Boat: Manta 40
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan kennedy View Post
dear me!:

fareweather, why the snide sarcastic tone
I was actually trying to be facetious, sorry for the miscommunication. When someone slams something they know nothing about and ignore the information presented to them I have a tendancy to call it like it is.

If my posts offend your sensibilities just hit the report button, the moderators aren't afraid of setting me straight.
Old 03-11-2009, 17:17   #18
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusDreaming View Post
six exotic outdoor sanctuaries

Sounds good. We have one wherever we drop the anchor!

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 17:24   #19

"If my posts offend your sensibilities "
ya see, that is not being facetious, thats being snide and sarcastic. and why in the world would I "report" you. I too, like to be direct, not go "reporting" people to mommy and daddy. my god, i know people like that at work, always "reporting" something. You're not a nursing manager are you?
Old 03-11-2009, 18:39   #20

Boat: Manta 40
I'm suprised so many folks are interested in my ocupation, I had no idea.
FYI, your deductions are all wrong. You could just ask me.

You're not trying to be snide are you?

Didn't this start out by me stating that I was glad a marina was back in business and defending them against someone's ignorant remarks?
Old 03-11-2009, 18:47   #21

Boat: 1994 Prout Manta Catamaran
We were at Emerald Bay in 2008 because my husband's father was ill in the states, and the "no frills" dockage was a good spot to leave me with the boat while George flew home to be with his Dad.

George was only back at Emerald bay a few days when his Dad passed away. We learned of this about 9 in the morning. Doug Black (the manager then and now) drove George to the airport himself, and he was on a flight to the US which left at noon that same day.

Glenroy (the dockmaster then and now) managed to find the only dog crate on the island large enough to fit our dog, so I could fly out the next day with out pet. The island vet was adamant that he had nothing available. I don't recall her name, but one of the receptionists arranged for her father, a cab driver, to pick Toby and me up at 4 am so we could get to the airport in time for our flight.

Yes, we could have managed fine with the boat anchored out and cruising friends could have helped us as they always do. But I just wanted to say that this marina and staff went absolutely above and beyond the call at a time when we really needed assistance.

Last year (2009) we met several of the former employees on the streets of George Town. They were all making do, but hoping that a deal would go through and they could go back to Emerald Bay.

While a separate entity, the marina was affiliated with the Four Seasons resort next door and both were definitely upscale. There were megayachts and big bucks passing through every day. At the no frills dock, with no water and electricity, we were treated like first class citizens, no different than any other. A good thing.

If you paid $50 bucks for dockage and did $50 bucks worth of free laundry in nice machines that actually worked, and used the laptop computer in the lounge to check your email (at no charge), it just about made up for the overnight stop. You could also fuel your boat and put it on a credit card with no surcharge, unlike at Exuma Docks 15 miles south in George Town.

Of course the way to see the Exumas is not to hang out in a marina. But sometimes there's a reason to duck in for a short time. However, the entrance can be treacherous, and a short stay can turn into several days if you haven't paid particular attention to the weather.

Anyway, that's my take on Emerald Bay. I hope it is successful and that the Bahamians in George Town, and average cruisers if they choose to, can benefit from it once again.

Entlie
Sailing Catamaran Sunspot Baby
Entlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 15:27   #22

Boat: Lagoon 37
I just got an e-mail from Glen Roy and they are still offering non service slips, but now they are .50 per ft. with a three day minimum
https://www.sailblogs.com/member/svjusdreaming/
"The only way to get a good crew is to marry one." -Eric Hiscock
JusDreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 15:34   #23

Boat: 1994 Prout Manta Catamaran
Thanks, Denny. Good to hear.

Entlie
Sailing Catamaran Sunspot Baby
Entlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 17:58   #24

Boat: Privilege 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusDreaming View Post
I just got an e-mail from Glen Roy and they are still offering non service slips, but now they are .50 per ft. with a three day minimum
Denny & Diane,

When should we meet you there? It would be worth the visit just to do laundry and get WiFi access. Perhaps a couple of "umbrella drinks" and a dip in the pool would be in order also.
Old 04-11-2009, 18:30   #25

Boat: Lagoon 37
SOON my friend SOON
https://www.sailblogs.com/member/svjusdreaming/
"The only way to get a good crew is to marry one." -Eric Hiscock
JusDreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:30   #26

Boat: GAME PLAN, Celestial 48, Center Cockpit Cutter
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan kennedy View Post
dear me!: "You've made it obvious that a place like this is out of your league, time
to move on"

and wow!: "Thanks for your wonderfully articulated insight and opinion but you are many years too late to be complaining, it's been there for a long time already"

and again! "It's all so clear now, thanks for the chuckle Neil. LOL"

fareweather, why the snide sarcastic tone? People can disagree without being nasty, right? Cant we all just get along?
Ha, ha, ha,,,

Obviously you've never been to Georgetown.
Sailor954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009, 05:49   #27

Location: wherever the boat is---from central amer to canada....so far...
Boat: defever trawler 41-nomad
this is a great thing for exumians....jobs!!! but, caveat emptor to the boater. the marina entrance is impossible to get in w/ prevailing winter blows (east/ne) due to the break and if you do make it, the surge will make you uncomfortable to say the least and could damage your boat/equip. my wife worked on a mega-yacht a few yrs ago and i dropped her off at emerald bay in our boat. there was little wind so no problem entering but the surge was rocking everybody there---the fender covers were destryed in ONE NIGHT. they need some type of breakwall on the outside---how about the concrete "jacks" that nassau and morgan's bluff have?
defever is offline   Reply With Quote