Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-01-2009, 09:19   #121

Boat: Lancer 44 Motorsailer
I thank you all for being here. I didn't want to hijack the thread or take away from Gunner's loss. I was looking for a commonality of understanding. I hear and understand what you are saying Gunner and I thank you or your words of understanding. It is good to find brothers in a time of darkness to throw a line out to you.
Old 15-01-2009, 10:52   #122

Gunner and Judy

i feel very, very sorry for you. Hope you have some very good friends to
share your feelings in this hard time.
lampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 12:14   #123

Boat: Rhodes Reliant 41ft
Life, and crossing oceans in small boats, have one major similarity. We all hope the voyage ends on a safe and happy shore.
I choose to believe that a promise made on a rough cross, two thousand years ago, is now the safe shore where your loved ones are.
We will ask in our players to-night that this be so.
Blue Stocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 13:50   #124

Boat: Tashiba 40
Close friends of mine lost their daughter in a MVA on Dec. 30th, and they too are devastated. She had just left their house, it just shows that you should appreciate every moment with the ones you love. As far as I know, no one has ever come up with an appropriate response for the loss you are suffering and probably never will. All I can say is I'm so sorry for your loss.
Old 15-01-2009, 16:26   #125

Boat: 1995 Beneteau Oceanis 281
That unbearable pain you feel is love. God is love. Therfore, you are feeling God.
God Bless.
Waterborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 17:50   #126

Irwinsailor,
You and your family have my deepest sympathies!
porttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2009, 19:53   #127

Boat: Baba 30
always remember her

Has it been a year? We pray for you brother, for Gods loving embrace, and for His strength to not simply make it through each day, but to embrace it as you once did, perhaps even more. Sharon and I would love to meet you out at some anchorage one day!
God bless! Bob & Sharon
bob and sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2009, 01:00   #128
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwinsailor View Post
This morning at 9:08 am our world ended. My life was perfect up to then but I was to stupid realize it.

My Dad died about 4 months after Amanda and I will say that the pain of losing her makes losing him very close to nothing. I sometimes feel guilty that I have little feeling for his loss but it just shows me what a parent goes through when they lose a child.

Thank you all again for your kind support.
Parents are different. I never absorbed my Mom's loss (1987) fully until a couple of years later. Then I was looking at her picture while getting ready for work on morning and just started bawling like a little kid. My wife came in and thought I had gone over the edge. 20 minutes later, all done.

Josh is a very active kid as was I. I am determined that he is not going to grow up fearing water, sports, the outdoors, lizards, crashing his bike and all the things we didn't fear as kids.

When I see him climb the tower at the end of the jetty and jump into the water at low tide, I cringe, but then I let it go. I can't project my fears on him.

Dad is now bed bound and I fear this will be his last year. He's been a great fighter but at 88 and bedbound it is a matter of time. Maybe we have more time to prepare with parents, or maybe it is the natural order that parents shall pass first, who knows...

I could not imagine in any way shape or form losing Josh. Once again our heartfelt sympathies on this most horrid of anniversaries.
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 11:29   #129

our deepest sympathy

our hearts go out to you and yours at this most difficult time.Bryan and Sharen. Canada.
pirategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 11:22   #130
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Amanda Faye 61' Custom Irwin aftcockpit ketch
Hello everyone. I have not been around much for the past 2 years because my world has collapsed. For about 10 years we were planing our cruising lifestyle but so much was out of my control because I was a caretaker for my Grandma and them my Dad, they both died of cancer. As we worked on the boat getting it ready so we could go when the time came, Amanda Faye was killed in a auto accident and our world ended. My Wife lost her mind and turned away from our Son's and me in the search for happiness with someone else. Our divorce will happen next month and all that we worked for will be mostly lost, all of our dreams have been crushed and the damage to our family is going to last for the balance of our lives. So what I am trying to say is live your dreams while you can , love your family with everything that you have in you because it can be lost in a instant. Everything that we own will be sold and if we can not settle the judge will take it out of our hands. All of my dreams are gone most of my goals are gone and the hope for cruising life is gone.
Old 30-09-2010, 11:27   #131

Quote:
Hello everyone. I have not been around much for the past 2 years because my world has collapsed. For about 10 years we were planing our cruising lifestyle but so much was out of my control because I was a caretaker for my Grandma and them my Dad, they both died of cancer. As we worked on the boat getting it ready so we could go when the time came, Amanda Faye was killed in a auto accident and our world ended. My Wife lost her mind and turned away from our Son's and me in the search for happiness with someone else. Our divorce will happen next month and all that we worked for will be mostly lost, all of our dreams have been crushed and the damage to our family is going to last for the balance of our lives. So what I am trying to say is live your dreams while you can , love your family with everything that you have in you because it can be lost in a instant. Everything that we own will be sold and if we can not settle the judge will take it out of our hands. All of my dreams are gone most of my goals are gone and the hope for cruising life is gone.

God damn that's sad.
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 11:29   #132
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1977 Cuttyhunk 59 Ketch, "Diva" in Trinidad
Send a message via Yahoo to Geoff S.
Wow, Gunner. No mere words from Forum friend could possibly mitigate your pain and despair. But know that your message of Carpe Diem is heard and felt by this friend, loud and clear.

I wish you strength, and new love and comfort to come. Perhaps the only consolation is that Life can only get better from here.

Take care of yourself.
Geoff
Old 30-09-2010, 11:41   #133

Boat: it doesn't have a sail so it doesn't count!
"So what I am trying to say is live your dreams while you can , love your family with everything that you have in you because it can be lost in a instant."

No truer words could be said.

As Geoff S stated, no mere words from me or this Forum will take away your pain but do know that there are those who keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
"The ocean has always been a salve to my soul... Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land." -- Jimmy Buffett
NW Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 12:01   #134
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Maggie and I are saddened to learn that this tragedy continues to plague your family. We’d hoped that Judy would return to the fold, and together, you could try to heal and carry on.

Have you been able to sell Amanda Faye’s namesake?

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 12:44   #135

Quote:
Gunner,

I don't know you, but that is just heartbreaking. For what it's worth, my prayers are with you.
slowshoes is offline   Reply With Quote