Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-12-2015, 14:13   #151

Location: vessel sold at LAKES ENTRANCE to a local. Currently nursing my 93 Y/o mother in Sydney. Next boat probably will be bought in the U.S.
Boat: triton 721 24' x 9' 1985 Cutter rigged.
Re: New Zealand Arrival Levy

As usual, totally agree, warts an'all. Any of the 4.
Cheers all Laura.
brianlara 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2015, 12:09   #152
cruiser

Boat: Whiting 29' extended "Nightcap"

What a bunch of whiney crap this all is. For a bit over $20 you get 24/7 VHF & HF coverage, updated hydrographic surveys, SAR coverage, navaids etc. Who do you think should pay for this?
NoTies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 01:01   #153
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

Obviously the good folk of NZ. Hell they should pay all of us to arrive, free carton of Cloud Bay for me!

This would rate as the most seriously stupid internet thread of all time. Or at least be in the top 20. The upside is that reading crap like this makes me feel better about myself. The unadulterated drivel about WW2 shows not only a lack of knowledge of the various conflicts but a lack of understanding as what an alliance means in conflict terms.
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 02:36   #154

Location: vessel sold at LAKES ENTRANCE to a local. Currently nursing my 93 Y/o mother in Sydney. Next boat probably will be bought in the U.S.

Its back.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:01   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTies View Post
What a bunch of whiney crap this all is. For a bit over $20 you get 24/7 VHF & HF coverage, updated hydrographic surveys, SAR coverage, navaids etc. Who do you think should pay for this?
Well let me see.
Do you seriously proclaim that all those goodies are there for the benefit of a few yachties ? I don't think so. They are there for the benefit of commercial traffic.Without which none of them would exist.
Hydrographic surveys , yes we all pay for our charts .
We all pay lots of money to marinas , harbour dues etc;
The objection that I have is paying ever larger sums to an ever growing bunch of parasites calling themselves public servants.
I'm really happy if anyone is offended by that.
bustermaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:27   #156

Boat: Westerly Sealord

I now hold the distinction of being the first skipper to be required to pay the departure levy in Auckland and possibly all of New Zealand.
$2.93 plus 44 cents GST per head ( a tax on a tax? .. interesting..).
I offered cash or c/card but no... it can only be paid on the invoice - which is sent the day after you sail - by bank transfer within 6 weeks.

It is my considered opinion that they really need to rethink their payment options.....
Old 07-01-2016, 10:15   #157

PETE'S right ! We, the users should pay and be happy doing so.
There sure are some tight-assed bastards around.
Back on thread...is Cook Strait the go for west to east or is around the top a better option for Noo Zulland? PING ??
Old 07-01-2016, 10:19   #158

Pinguino, we Strayans love our gst. So much so that we're putting it UP 5%. Get back here Ping, we need your money Old Man.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:20   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
I now hold the distinction of being the first skipper to be required to pay the departure levy in Auckland and possibly all of New Zealand.
$2.93 plus 44 cents GST per head ( a tax on a tax? .. interesting..).
I offered cash or c/card but no... it can only be paid on the invoice - which is sent the day after you sail - by bank transfer within 6 weeks.

It is my considered opinion that they really need to rethink their payment options.....
Perhaps they are wondering why they have no receipts.
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Stu Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:01   #160
cruiser

Boat: Whiting 29' extended "Nightcap"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustermaw View Post
Well let me see.
Do you seriously proclaim that all those goodies are there for the benefit of a few yachties ? I don't think so. They are there for the benefit of commercial traffic.Without which none of them would exist.
Hydrographic surveys , yes we all pay for our charts .
We all pay lots of money to marinas , harbour dues etc;
The objection that I have is paying ever larger sums to an ever growing bunch of parasites calling themselves public servants.
I'm really happy if anyone is offended by that.
What a massive sense of entitlement you have.
NoTies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:15   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTies View Post
What a massive sense of entitlement you have.
If having a sense of entitlement means that I'm entitled to feel aggrieved when having my pockets picked by governmental theft ,then you're right.My sense of entitlement is overwhelming.
bustermaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:26   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
Every time a Kiwi moves to Australia it raises the average IQ in both countries. Every time an Aussie moves to NZ, it lowers the average IQ in both countries.
Good ol' Rob Muldoon (former NZ Prime Minister). Not many polies left who are willing to be as direct as Muldoon.
mrichmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:28   #163

Boat: No more boat (my medical, not the boat's)

I just do not see the problem. I miss the beauty, they miss my money and uncultured Americanness. I stay away from places and sorts who do not want me. New Zed does not unless I pay to arrive on my vessel, stay on my vessel, or leave on my vessel. So I stay away. I am happy, and all of NZ is happy.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:49   #164

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Do any of you guys understand how much hassle El Pinguino's going to have in order to pay his $3.81? Special trip to the bank, because the bill has to be paid in Kiwi funds--for which there is a flat rate charge. I don't know what that is in Chile, but in New Caledonia, foreign funds bank cheques have a flate rate, that at the time we did it was $50.00. This was for a bank cheque for just about a similar amount.

The Kiwis should make the fee payable right then, because everybody who checks out is going to be somewhere outside their country, when the bill is received--if it is-- or make it payable on arrival along with the rest. It won't work. At some point somebody'll just not pay, or possibly, pay when they go back to NZ, if they do.

Well, Ping, I hope you had 'em send the bill to Oz, and someone here takes care of it for you, maybe round up and send it all in five cent pieces? No, I know, costs too much postage then! What an aggro!

Sorry about your calorifier!

Ann
Old 07-01-2016, 12:02   #165

Boat: Outbound 44

Except for the over the top Biosecurity, NZ is one of the easest and cheapest countries to clear into. Biosecurity took a lot of stuff out of the fridge. Everything else was fast and easy. It's clear that NZ wants cruisers and their economic contribution to the country. Lots of other countries shoot themselves in the foot while discouraging cruisers.
If you think NZ is a tough place to clear, then vote with your keel.

Tags
New Zealand