Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-06-2019, 17:45   #1

Colregs Research and Understanding

Hi,

At the moment I am studying the colregs for an exam in a few weeks. I have a couple of questions I need to be answered.

1, I learned the mnemonic, "OverNight Rooms For Sale Plus Supper", which gives the pecking order:

Overtaken vessel,
Not under command,
Restricted in her ability to manoeuvre
Vessell engaged in fishing
Sailing vessel, which is not also propelled by machinery.
Power driven vessel
Seaplane

Where does vessel constrained by her draught fit into this pecking order?

Quote:
Rule 18 (d)(i) Any vessel other than a vessel not under command or a vessel restricted in her ability to manoeuvre shall, if the circumstances of the case admit, avoid impeding the safe passage of a vessel constrained by her draught, exhibiting the signals in rule 28.
2. Rule 35 (a), (b) and (k) states:

Quote:
(a) A power-driven vessel making way through the water shall sound at intervals of not more than 2 minutes one prolonged blast.

(b) A power-driven vessel underway but stopped and making no way through the water shall sound at intervals of not more than 2 minutes two prolonged blasts in succession with an interval of about 2 seconds between them.

(k) A pilot vessel, when engaged on pilotage duty, may in addition to the signals prescribed in paragraphs (a), (b) or (g) of this Rule sound an identity signal consisting of four short blasts.
Does this mean four short blasts, 1 prolonged blast and four short blasts, and 2 prolonged blasts and four short blasts, are all signals that a pilot vessel when engaged on pilotage duty?
ziggyfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc, research