If the bells/shades are not cracked you may be able to remove the lacquer with lacquer thinner. Paint
stripper is very caustic and normally toxic and besides, not what you need for this job. I would suggest you remove the fixture, protect the switch and any wiring
that remained attached from drips and using a soft cloth dipped in lacquer thinner remove the lacquer. You may need several cloths. When done, rinse off the lacquer thinner with a damp, not wet rag. Polish brass as you normally would and see how it turns out. Note how much time it takes (should be less than an hour per light I expect).
Do this in a ventilated area. If they turn out nice and you want to relacquer them you can buy it in a spray can and it will be easy to reapply. You can get lacquer thinner at any good size hardware
store. Pick up gloves as well, something rated for solvents like the heavy blue ones. If you have a respirator I would wear that but if you are outside it is probably not needed. Good luck with your project
. I have done this on lamp bases and other metal objects before and it is pretty easy (I was an antique dealer in a former life).