Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-04-2010, 12:31   #1

Location: Morlaix Brittany France blog: theguerns.blogspot.com
Boat: Colvic Watson/32ft/Feels Good
Send a message via Skype™ to feelsgood
Good Old-Fashioned Service

You know when you buy something after reading the advert for it and then you find that it isnt anything like it, Well ! this happened to us. We bought a calorifier that was advertised as being able to cope with a water pump of less than 1 bar pressure (14psi) I fitted it all connections correct water supply and electric just as the information said. Yes it heated the water , and LEAKED. I contacted the company only to be told that they had supplied the wrong thing but we could send it back for a refund. Good news! I thought I would search the net and found a company that said they could supply just what I wanted. Well to cut it short, after 3 E-Mails and 4 quick phone calls to Matt a very polite young man whom I asked a thousand questions and got all the replys without once hearing todays stock response ( we dont care) Matt asked me to measure the space I had and the hole where I would have to put the calorifier in. Having done this he said that they would customise one of their calorifiers to fit my space and supply special fittings to make it easier for me to fit it. When I asked him what the extra cost would be ........Wait for it.....here comes the shock...............Nothing extra Sir we are pleased to be able to help you. Bugger I nearly dropped dead. So we have a new calorifier coming next week which is 10 times better than the other one 10 times stronger and less money and brilliant service. The Name of the company is Surecal E-mail address is sales@surecal.co.uk
I feel that today we moan when we dont get what we want but tend to forget the ones that go that little bit further so I sent an E-Mail to Matt's boss to thank him for the wonderful service I received from Matt. So if you are in the market for a calorifier give them a call.
feelsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 05:06   #2

Boat: B24
Yes there still are a few like that out there, thanks for sharing… I think many more shops try to be, but the frustrations of trying to stay in business in today’s lousy economy seems to lead more than a few business to make sure to make a dollar/pound/euro (whatever) today, and let tomorrow take care of itself… but when I get service like you related, I become a customer for life… after bouncing from one convenient marina to another for nearly 25 years, I’ve finally gone back to a boatyard that always treated like you related… just a boatyard, they don’t sell gas, diesel, drinks or steaks, but they know boats and I’ve never heard a hint of a complaint from anyone about their service… and advice always saved me money (and frustration).

Tags
calorifier, water heater