Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-09-2010, 16:02   #16

Boat: no longer on my Cabo Rico 38 Sanderling
Send a message via MSN to John A
Quote:
Originally Posted by fstbttms View Post
OK, fair enough. If your statement about the terms of Nelson's lease is true, then I miscategorized their motive for not allowing DIY bottom painting.

However, if you actually think that "Greenies are trying to regulate every boatyard in the Bay", you are sadly behind the times. It has been the law of the land for some time (in this state, anyway) that every boatyard must operate under the Non Point Source Elimination Discharge permit program, as mandated by the federal Clean Water Act of 1972. What this means that every boatyard in the state must capture, and filter, a certain percentage of its wastewater and not allow it to enter the waterway untreated. I'm sorry if you think a bunch of radical treehuggers are somehow trying to take away your fun, but boatyards are a major source of water pollution and forcing them to clean up is a good thing. And the really good ones (KKMI, for instance) go well above and beyond what is required by law because they know it is the right thing to do.
If you feel that my use of the word 'greenies' was an attempt to pass a negitive judgement on the world population that is concerned with the environmental damage that is being done world wide, I must take exception with your opinion of me.
My use of that term was to identify those of use who are trying to perserve our planet.
Sorry to offend you with a light-hearted statement.
John A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2010, 16:20   #17
CF Adviser

Boat: 14 meter sloop
I think we're all on the same team here. I, for one, take my boat to KKMI specifically because of their commitment to a clean bay.
Old 28-09-2010, 20:36   #18
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by John A View Post
If you feel that my use of the word 'greenies' was an attempt to pass a negitive judgement on the world population that is concerned with the environmental damage that is being done world wide, I must take exception with your opinion of me.
My use of that term was to identify those of use who are trying to perserve our planet.
Sorry to offend you with a light-hearted statement.
You did not offend me, nor did I offer an opinion of you. Perhaps I mistook the tone of your post, but somehow I don't think that's the case.
fstbttms is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sf bay