Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-01-2008, 10:45   #1

Any one need help working on their boat?

Hi all,
It has been a long time day dream of mine to someday build a boat that I could sail around the world. The truth is that I don't know the first thing about either sailing or building a boat. Right now I am in the middle of a post college ramble. I have some money saved up and I'm going to see how long I can move around in the world before I run out.
Anyway, I was thinking that it would be nice to at least get an idea of what it would be like to build or work on a boat, so if any of you need a hand with a project and don't mind a teaching total amateur, I'd love the experience. Right now I'm headed toward Seatle so if you have a project on the US west coast that would work for the near future. If it's else where, then let me know and maybe I'll ramble my way to your boat.
Thanks,
DPR
DreadPirateRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2008, 11:00   #2

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
Check your PM (Private Messages).
Old 24-01-2008, 12:08   #3

ANy chance of your rambling to Australia in the next few months? I just bought another $100 worth of sandpaper.
44'cruisingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2008, 12:11   #4

Boat: 1973 Morgan 36T
Quote:
ANy chance of your rambling to Australia in the next few months? I just bought another $100 worth of sandpaper.
LOL that is funny.
Morgan Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2008, 13:08   #5

Australia ay?

Well i's not likely but it is possible. Where in Australia? I have a friend in Tazmania that I've been meaning to visit, and few more in NZ for that matter. You guys actually have sailing weather down there right now don't you?
Anyway, it's unlikely but I'll let you know if it happens.
DreadPirateRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote