Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2010, 05:01   #16

Boat: Jeanneau 57
Delmarrey - you are a hard man to please ... how about the generic Yanmar shop manuals (220 pages) or 394 page service manual on my page Manuals ? Does that help you?
Zanshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 05:19   #17
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshin View Post
Delmarrey - you are a hard man to please ... how about the generic Yanmar shop manuals (220 pages) or 394 page service manual on my page Manuals ? Does that help you?
Nice- thanks, lots of good info even if its not for my Yanmar 3ym30
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 05:37   #18

Boat: Jeanneau 57
I also found this site: www.yanmarhelp.com where you might be able to post on the forum and get the exact handbook.
Zanshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 07:38   #19

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
Thank You!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshin View Post

The section 14 of the 394 page has some good info for general adjustments and trouble shooting if need be. And the 240 page answered the tranny question.

What would be nice is if I could buy a service manual. I noticed this one above says Yanmar on the cover. I got the impression that Yanmar doesn't sell manuals.
Old 18-01-2010, 07:49   #20

Boat: Privilege 37
It is interesting how dependent we become on the internet for information. I was trying to find the cylinder arrangement for my wife's car this weekend. Can you imagine!? the site references told me to go look it up in a Chilton's! I was.... Annoyed!. Did go to the library, found it right away.

Having said that. I am very much of a different mindset on boat objects. I believe in having fairly complete sets of docs for pretty much everything in printed form. I purchased the service manual and installation manual for my 3ym30's when I purchased the engines. I have only found one thing that was not very well explained in the manuals (How to attach my water heater to the engine (takes a separate kit)) It showed me were the attachment points were, but did not explain the extra fittings I would need to attach the connecting hoses. Having them, even on the occasion where I did not like what they told me (SD20 oil change intervals!) has always been of immense value, and they have been VERY complete.
Strygaldwir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 08:19   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Research vessel for a university, retired now.
I think that someone else online will fill the gap if Yanmar stops providing necessary information to its customers. If that info is copyrighted material then someone will run a website from a country where it is legal or from a country where copyright laws are not enforced. Its hard to stop the flow of information for which there is a demand. We are seeing plenty of examples of that.

Life begins where land ends.
David M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yanmar