Thanks for all the replies to this thread. To answer some questions:
- the installations, lines, etc. have been checked by multiple machanics and no leaks
or blockages found. Tanks, Racors and on-engine fuel filters all cleaned and replaced multiple times. Note - the the problem is happening on both engines and they are completely independant systems.
- the tank fuel supply is in the sump of the fuel tank
, right to the bottom. The fuel return ends halfway down the tank and goes directly from the engine to the tank (no filter).
- I have an onboard generator
- it pulls fuel from the starboard tank only via an electric lift
pump pushed thru a racor
. no problems with generator.
- I've been in touch with other Leopard
owners, they report similar issues, R&C just started using Volvo
with the saildrive
I'm concluding that the combination of tank, lines and filters may be too much for the on-engine fuel pump
when the tank get's below half; and I'm looking to R&C to give me a solution. So far, they have been responsive.
The reason for this post is to see if other D2 engine owners where having problems. So far, in this post and other communications
, nobody except for Leopard
owners has reported a problem.
I'll update on what is the solution.