Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 16-06-2016, 15:55   #1

Boat: Tashiba-31
Maintenance Manuals for Yanmar 3GM30F

Ok, I've downloaded the Operations Manual and the Service Manual for my engine from the Yanmar site. The service manual has great exploded views of all components.

The Operations Manual leaves a lot to be desired. For instance - it says the procedure for bleeding the fuel system is on page 75. It's not - its on page 81 and I don't think it's complete.

Can anyone recommend a different manual for this engine that will cover basic maintenance procedures?

This isn't my first diesel - used to do all the maintenance on a Case 830 back on the farm. So I know alittle about engines - but the Yanmar manual is making my head spin.
dmksails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2016, 19:00   #2

Re: Maintenance Manuals for Yanmar 3GM30F

You might find this Clymer manual a useful supplement to, but not necessarily a replacement for, the Yanmar manual:

The Clymer manual is not specific to the 3GM30F, as shown by its name. The Clymer manual covers GM and HM series engines.

Should you follow the "Click here to see inside" link, you can download pp. 175-6 covering the throttle linkage. That's not necessarily valuable for guidance. You might find this copy of a page of the table of contents more useful: Clymer Yanmar GM&HM Shop Manual index.pdf (about 40 KB)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Clymer Yanmar GM&HM ShopManual index.pdf (41.1 KB, 14 views)
“Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others.” - Otto von Bismarck
Alan Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote

3gm, 3gm30, maintenance, manuals, yanmar

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: