Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2016, 12:35   #1

Looking for perkins 4.154 parts

Hi everyone I am looking for parts for my Perkins 4.154 what I need in specific is a head with valves and rockers etc, what I need off the head is all the valves and guides and Keepers and Springs, my head is in the machine shop at the moment and it is impossible for me to find valves and guides and Keepers and Springs I have tried all online companies and I have called Perkins and caterpillar and westerbeke and they all cannot get parts anymore so what I'm looking for is a used head or even a whole engine if you don't want to part I am on a tight budget and I'm trying to get my sailboat fixed to bring it up to my house, it is currently costing me way too much to keep in storage at a marina so I need to fix the engine to bring it up I have the whole engine already done all I need now is the valves and I can put my head back on and everything is ready to go please let me know if anybody has some parts out there that I could buy I I live in st. Petersburg Florida and I also live in Fort Myers Florida I am up and down every weekend and I'm very available and I don't mind driving. I really appreciate any help I can get thank you. Tim
727-564-2958
bustylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2016, 07:17   #2

Boat: Irwin 41 cc Ketch
Send a message via Yahoo to fishsail18
Re: Looking for perkins 4.154 parts

Hey Bustylady.
I too will be looking for parts but nothing as major as a head. Did you have any luck with smaller items as hoses and pumps?
fishsail18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2016, 07:34   #3

Re: Looking for perkins 4.154 parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishsail18 View Post
Hey Bustylady.
I too will be looking for parts but nothing as major as a head. Did you have any luck with smaller items as hoses and pumps?
Cooling Hoses are easy to make, i was able to get a fuel pump and an injector pump rebuild kit from (trans atlantic diesel), they also have many other small parts for the 4.154. I currently have 2 heads (need rebuilt) and a used fuel pump.
bustylady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts, perkins