Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2008, 14:56   #16

Well, as it turns out Hellosailor I have sourced many engines from distributors in the USA for boats I have managed outside of NZ. Unlike you, I have always been treated well. In fact better than here in NZ but that could be because of the volume of the supply placed with the USA distributors.

As you may now gather, I have spent alot of time in the USA over the years and am quite familiar with it, both the good and the bad. So it would seem that your efforts to point out the differences between there and here in order to use those to substantiate your very negative attitude towards suppliers and other business are wasted effort when it comes to convincing me of your views.

Your post only intensifies my opinion that with dismal views such as you express you can only expect to be treated dismally - I will leave you to what seems to me to be your pathetic ill will, this has been done to death.
Old 08-09-2008, 15:44   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
I agre with MLO and actually I am part of the problem. We have let this thread drift into dangerous waters and it's time to reset the anchor.

Jack's original question is, "Do I need a marine filter?"

The specific answer is that he needs to install a filter that meets the recommendations of the engine manual.

Some recommend OEM, some recommend aftemarket. I think Jack has both sides of the story now and can make a decision.
Old 08-09-2008, 18:44   #18

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Calif View Post
I agree with MLO and actually I am part of the problem. We have let this thread drift into dangerous waters and it's time to reset the anchor.
Agreed!

If we can't play nice then we have to go stand in the corner!

Thread closed!
Closed Thread

Tags
fuel