Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-02-2018, 12:57   #16

Boat: Building a Max Cruise 44 hybrid electric cat
Re: Unbearable Lagoon Representation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTemp View Post
From what I could tell, factory reps from France and sales personnel representing most if not all of the franchised dealers in the US. They were handing out color coded stickers to be worn in plain view so that the appropriate rep from your territory would recognize you and supposedly assist.
Thanks! Its been awhile since I've been to a boat show, and forgot how they operate.

I'n that case, there is no excuse for the company to have that horrible of representation.

Matt
Old 18-02-2018, 13:07   #17

Boat: Currently in between

They don't care because, well, they just don't care! They are sold out for a year and if you don't order, fine with them. If you cancel an existing order, they don't care, not their commission to lose and others will quickly take the open position.

I do think it speaks quite poorly for their company and I will stick with Leopard. Been happy with my vessel, bought used, but have called the distributor with questions and received patient, thorough responses.
Old 18-02-2018, 13:27   #18

Boat: LAGOON 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Bacchus View Post
They don't care because, well, they just don't care! They are sold out for a year and if you don't order, fine with them. If you cancel an existing order, they don't care, not their commission to lose and others will quickly take the open position.

I do think it speaks quite poorly for their company and I will stick with Leopard. Been happy with my vessel, bought used, but have called the distributor with questions and received patient, thorough responses.
very nice speech, but in the end, wife will decide for most people. And that will likely be Lagoon

so learn how to swallow your pride and bend
arsenelupiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 14:56   #19
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenelupiga View Post
very nice speech, but in the end, wife will decide for most people. And that will likely be Lagoon

so learn how to swallow your pride and bend

So Lagoon builds catamarans for women?🤪
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 15:05   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenelupiga View Post
it is called different culture.

if you want to travel the world then is better to be open to people being different and have different values than you.

it's fun
A different culture? Indifference to a potential customer looking to spend upwards of 3/4 million dollars is not about culture. It's about poor salesmanship. It's about not caring because they are fat and happy. It's about mimicking the poor attitude of the factory to supporting those having already purchased the product.

I don't want nor expect them to kiss my ass but I would sure like them to say hello and acknowledge me as a potential customer.
rallyman1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 15:06   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
So Lagoon builds catamarans for women?🤪
There is some truth to his remark..women do make the final decision in most cases
robert sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 15:08   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big2small View Post
Those who like the flybridge concept however should have a good look at the Nautitech 46Fly. I’m docked next to one right now. It’s not perfect but I’d pick it in a heartbeat over a Lagoon 45F.
I am not looking at a 450F but a 450S. The Sport Top, not the Flybridge.
Old 18-02-2018, 15:10   #23
smj

Boat: TRT 1200
Unbearable Lagoon Representation

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert sailor View Post
There is some truth to his remark..women do make the final decision in most cases

My wife and I have an agreement, her house my boat.......or at least I tell myself that! But honestly my wife knows there are certain boats I would be miserable on and takes my feelings into consideration.
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 15:16   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by moctrams View Post
I am having a great deal of trouble identifying with any part of this blog and the folks that would pay 4 million dollars for a seagoing hotel.
4 million? Not even close. But that's okay, I don't indentify with those that post to hear the sound of their own voice. Or to slag off others.

I don't care what you sail, mono or cat, new or old, fast or slow. I care about respect and that you are out on the water. That's where I want to be and if I see you there, come on over for a beer. We can watch the sunset and debate the virtues of each others boats.
Old 18-02-2018, 17:38   #25
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

Quote:
My wife and I have an agreement, her house my boat.......or at least I tell myself that! But honestly my wife knows there are certain boats I would be miserable on and takes my feelings into consideration.
A Mature Approach
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 19:51   #26

Quote:
My wife is the same as yours but we have run into a lot of sailors that openly admit that their wife was the primary decision maker when they bought their cat. It was always about everything but the sailing qualities. The guys were just happy that their wife was involved and were willing to go along with their dreams. Different strokes
robert sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 20:13   #27

Quote:
My wife is the same as yours but we have run into a lot of sailors that openly admit that their wife was the primary decision maker when they bought their cat. It was always about everything but the sailing qualities. The guys were just happy that their wife was involved and were willing to go along with their dreams. Different strokes
I know that this is the "Trump era" and all that, but who said women know nothing about boats and how they sail? I'm always happy to involve my wife/sailing partner in boat decisions and would worry if she showed no interest.

Also sorry that the Lagoon promo guys and girls didn't roll out the red carpet for some. Probably more about dealing with a crowded boat at peak time at a busy show than a bad attitude, but then again I wasn't there.
tuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 22:37   #28

Not that I was thinking to buy new Lagoon...But it's always sad to see such attitude of reps, no matter where.
Some guys were wondering about Irma's impact to the boat market. And it looks that THIS is one of the Irma's impacts. Boat builders had their order books filled, so they can care less about new customers.
ranchero76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 22:55   #29

Just read a Facebook post by Wiley Sharp about his trying to take a client onto a 450 at the show. They were yelled at and as a result, his client was turned off and went another direction. I assume that meant purchased from another manufacturer. What a poor example of customer service.
Old 19-02-2018, 00:10   #30

Boat: Outremer 55L

Quote:

And I thank everything I can think of that my woman loved the looks and interior of our boat before I told her that I loved the boat’s looks and performance pedigree.

No need for misogynistic comments about women loving a certain type of design - some love houseboats and some love sailboats.

I agree that most family purchases are decided by women. But that doesn’t mean that the women always are the ones choosing so-called “women’s options”.
fxykty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon