Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-09-2008, 06:58   #16

Boat: 48' Hi Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickm505 View Post
Yeah, I imagine being dismasted is a type of neglect. Captainsully emailed me with the particulars, and photos. Apparently, the new owners bought her for 60% of the 'good condition' boat value. I figure they made out very well and will have her sailing in short order.

How come I never find these 'deals'???

I have dibs on the first 10M that appears on the market... you can have the next one
Hey Rick

We did talk to the people selling the above mentioned boat. It had been sitting behind the owners house unused for several years. If I remember correctly, the owner had to go into assisted living and his friends or relatives were selling the boat for him. They did sell it for a very good price (for the buyers!). I think I saw it listed at $49,000 in the end.

Check out this newly listed boat. It looks like a great deal.

1985 Catalac Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

The name of the boat is Hetty B and the owners have a website.

Welcome Aboard S/V Hetty B

They are anxious to sell her as soon as they can. I talked to the owner and she is very straight-forward about the boat and anything that it might need to get cruising. She mentioned that the standing rigging would need to be checked out, hence my post about replacing the rigging on a Catalac 10 in case it needed replacing.

I was going to drive down to St. Pete this weekend to take a look, but we've decided that despite the very tempting asking price, we really want something a little bigger for long term live aboard cruising. We currently have a 48' motor vessel that is for sale, so we are afraid we might be unhappy with a catamaran under 39'. So we'll keep looking for that Prout 39 or Catalac 12 or Solaris 40.

So this one is all yours!!
Old 27-09-2008, 07:24   #17
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorgal View Post
Hey Rick - Check out this newly listed boat. It looks like a great deal.!!
I met Michelle and Mitch at the annual SSCA meeting in Melbourne, FL. two years ago. They raved about the boat and had no intention of selling. As a matter of fact they were marketing a commerical video made while cruising her through the Bahamas. As I recall, it was very well made.

I just checked their web site this morning, and it appears they took the boat off the market calling the listing "a moment of insanity".

But who really knows...

If she is for sale,I do think you should take a ride down and look her over as you need a learning curve with catamarans. As for me, heck, I know Mitch isn't going to sell his baby..... so I won't pursue it.
Tropic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 07:39   #18

Boat: 48' Hi Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickm505 View Post
I met Michelle and Mitch at the annual SSCA meeting in Melbourne, FL. two years ago. They raved about the boat and had no intention of selling. As a matter of fact they were marketing a commerical video made while cruising her through the Bahamas. As I recall, it was very well made.

I just checked their web site this morning, and it appears they took the boat off the market calling the listing "a moment of insanity".

Hi Rick, -- that website was last updated in February. They put the boat up for sale again -- seriously and for real -- last week. I talked to Michelle on Tuesday. She said that life had just gotten in the way of any cruising plans. It is for sale. They would like to have it sold within the next couple of weeks according to my boyfriend who also talked with Michelle and the broker. He got the impression that they might take any reasonable offer.

Go for it!