Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2008, 18:19   #16
Marine Service Provider

Boat: FP Venezia 42
Send a message via Skype™ to littleships
Click email us from the website with details and I will phone you..owner may even deliver for a pittance after she is sold. Nice trip up from the second week of may..... most things are possible when we work outside the box! Think about it.
T
Old 07-02-2008, 18:26   #17

Send a message via AIM to sluissa
sean: howabout this Piver 35 in NJ?

1967 Piver 35 Trimaran Ketch Boat For Sale

Or any of the others in Honolulu.

I was looking at one of these while I was shopping around. Ultimately I think it would have been too big for me, but the one I was looking at was in mexico and was only asking 11k for it. Still outside of my price range but I was seriously looking at how I could raise the money. Still love the look of the pivers and may end up getting one in the distant future.
Old 07-02-2008, 18:32   #18
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluissa View Post
sean: howabout this Piver 35 in NJ?

1967 Piver 35 Trimaran Ketch Boat For Sale

Or any of the others in Honolulu.

I was looking at one of these while I was shopping around. Ultimately I think it would have been too big for me, but the one I was looking at was in mexico and was only asking 11k for it. Still outside of my price range but I was seriously looking at how I could raise the money. Still love the look of the pivers and may end up getting one in the distant future.
I appreciate the link, sluissa. But... I can't go with tri's. There isn't enough living space for liveaboard for my wife and I, nor to be able to charter. They sure are rocketships though.

EDIT: I'm stupid. (and tired) I should have looked at this particular one first. I'll take a good look at it. Sure would be an easy sail up compared to St Martin! ha ha
Old 07-02-2008, 18:38   #19
cruiser

I don't understand the layout of this tri at all.?? It seems HUGE inside. I think I need to go to bed and get a fresh look in the AM.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:39   #20
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
Plywood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssullivan View Post
I don't understand the layout of this tri at all.?? It seems HUGE inside. I think I need to go to bed and get a fresh look in the AM.
Ummmm .... maybe it's just me but ... it's a 1967 boat and

Hull Material: Other ????

Plywood? Ferro??
Old 08-02-2008, 09:24   #21

Boat: Westerly Falcon 34
1988 36' Solaris 89K in Florida. listed on catamarans.com
Old 08-02-2008, 10:40   #22
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickm505 View Post
:cubalibre
Old 08-02-2008, 11:05   #23
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida
Sean said
I will be throwing my hat in the chartering ring again so I may be inclined to set myself up with a loan. Yeah... stupid of me to sell one boat and then get another with a loan, but I have a high dollar charter opportunity sitting in my lap. It's worth financing for that.

Ok Sean
Im gonna play Devils Advocate here
Sean Do you think you will be able to make a high dollar charter bussness work with an old cat? And do you think anyone will give you a loan on an old cat?
I beleave if the boat is not new or near new or( new condustion) and large enough you may have troble finding folks who will pay that high dollar your talking about, and the boat needs to be around 40 ft or better IMHO I dont think banks are gonna loan money on an old boat , I think 10-12 years is about as old as most banks will go so you may have troble there.
As you know with your last boat its not as easy as it might seem to make a charter biz work
I wish you good luck and hope you can make it work- why not buy a mono hull ?
Old 08-02-2008, 11:16   #24

Boat: Lindenberg 26 & Aloha 8.2
google, polynesian concept.There are several for sale, 37 ft CSK design, production glass cats,at least some of them were built by schock corp,i think 12 to 15 built,a couple for sale for less than $40k.I think even the original wood prototype which Buddy Ebsen won the trans pac with is currently for sale. Sorry, i dont know how to post links.
Steve.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:42   #25
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwork orange View Post
Sorry, i dont know how to post links.
Steve.
1974 CSK/Polynesian Concept Polycon sailboat for sale in California

Used 37' Polynesian Concept catamaran for sale

Old 08-02-2008, 11:43   #26
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Sean said
I will be throwing my hat in the chartering ring again so I may be inclined to set myself up with a loan. Yeah... stupid of me to sell one boat and then get another with a loan, but I have a high dollar charter opportunity sitting in my lap. It's worth financing for that.

Ok Sean
Im gonna play Devils Advocate here
Sean Do you think you will be able to make a high dollar charter bussness work with an old cat? And do you think anyone will give you a loan on an old cat?
I beleave if the boat is not new or near new or( new condustion) and large enough you may have troble finding folks who will pay that high dollar your talking about, and the boat needs to be around 40 ft or better IMHO I dont think banks are gonna loan money on an old boat , I think 10-12 years is about as old as most banks will go so you may have troble there.
As you know with your last boat its not as easy as it might seem to make a charter biz work
I wish you good luck and hope you can make it work- why not buy a mono hull ?
I hate to sound cocky, but I will:

Never underestimate my ability to start a company and make it work. I filled every single day of the summer with my old boat. I turned away probably close to 30 charters due to exhaustion. I have a new marketing blitz that will fill this one too (but with many more people since it's a bigger boat). I'm not publishing any details about my biz on this website, but you might run across it sometime if you are in the New England area.

To quote an overused saying... you're not thinking outside the box on this post.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:07   #27
jzk

Quote:
I hate to sound cocky, but I will:

Never underestimate my ability to start a company and make it work. I filled every single day of the summer with my old boat. I turned away probably close to 30 charters due to exhaustion. I have a new marketing blitz that will fill this one too (but with many more people since it's a bigger boat). I'm not publishing any details about my biz on this website, but you might run across it sometime if you are in the New England area.

To quote an overused saying... you're not thinking outside the box on this post.
Then why not take some of the cash that you earned from one of your previous successful businesses and buy a nice catamaran that people will pay good money to charter rather than the cheapest catamaran you can find?
Old 08-02-2008, 12:22   #28
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzk View Post
Then why not take some of the cash that you earned from one of your previous successful businesses and buy a nice catamaran that people will pay good money to charter rather than the cheapest catamaran you can find?
Why not take a course in how to run a profitable business? That would answer your question, smart guy.

And what boat do you own, BTW?

People... if you have nothing good to say, just don't post. You're taking the fun out of this. It's supposed to be a fun time, not a time with people being critical. Lighten up.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:29   #29
jzk

Quote:
Why not take a course in how to run a profitable business? That would answer your question, smart guy.

And what boat do you own, BTW?

People... if you have nothing good to say, just don't post. You're taking the fun out of this. It's supposed to be a fun time, not a time with people being critical. Lighten up.
Was my post too critical? It wasn't meant to be. It just seems that a nicer cat would do wonders for a charter business vs. one of those older cats that looks like one step up from being homeless.

I have a Beneteau 47.7, a Sea Ray 460, a Monterey 298SS, a hobie adventure Island and 2 hobie classics.

And by the way, in business there is a whole lot more money to be made than there is to be saved.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:58   #30
JCF

Boat: 26' CATAMARAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzk View Post
And by the way, in business there is a whole lot more money to be made than there is to be saved.
This is basic business 101. One day I will reveal the secret.

J
Closed Thread