Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-04-2011, 22:14   #16

Boat: Lagoon 440 Pathfinder
Good way to look at it,but you may want to consider the fact a Lagoon 500 is about double the volume of a 1250 and 9 feet longer, plenty of room for a commercial kitchen on the lagoon and even a pizza oven too
dirkdig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 23:25   #17

Boat: Bluewater 420 CC
Re: Lagoon vs Seawinds Options (BBQ Grill)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellie View Post
I have to agree with SS. Basing your foremost choice of boat on it's grill accomodations is rather silly.

Everybody knows it's beer cooling capabilities are of first importance, then the grill.
Apparently at the boat shows, they're rated on the number of flat screen TVs aboard.
Sabbatical II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 04:31   #18

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35

You need to find the right grill for you first, then look for a boat to mount it on. Just about any boat will work since the rails tend to be fairly standard in size.
Old 21-04-2011, 09:54   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palarran View Post
Del, what you may want to do, if your looking at catamarans, is to go to that section and start paging backwards. There are probably 20 very good (and 20 pretty bad) threads here about selection criteria. After that, post what your thinking and we'll try to make yours another good one

FWIW, grilling was VERY important to me also. We just got back from an 8 day trip to St. Martin and I couldn't get my freind to stop grilling. Pretty much everything was cooked on the grill. We went through 7 Coleman propane bottles. I have the Magma connections to convert to the boats propane tanks and will be doing that next month. My one small regret was not having a side burner. Also, if I was rebuilding the grill stand again I would make the grill easily removable as it would also make an awesome fish filet table. The blood and guts just fall off the back (or in the dingy).
Thanks for the good info, I already had a side burner in mind too. Hey, where in Michigan are you? I used to live in Grosse Point Park, just outside of Detroit. I always thought Detroit was a great city, when I was there, '71'-'84'. Great sports town.
Old 21-04-2011, 09:58   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleebana View Post
Apparently at the boat shows, they're rated on the number of flat screen TVs aboard.
Well, I'd beter get on it..
Old 21-04-2011, 10:14   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdig View Post
Good way to look at it,but you may want to consider the fact a Lagoon 500 is about double the volume of a 1250 and 9 feet longer, plenty of room for a commercial kitchen on the lagoon and even a pizza oven too
Yeah, you know, when you're a newbie and just gettin into this you come in wide eyed and all kinds of ideas pop in my head like sailin' to exotic places, finding secret surf spots, throwin great parties with friends, bikini babes shakin' n bakin' on deck, and of coures, grillin' and eatin' all the great fish I catch. I kinda got lost in all the internet photos and I guess I didn't get a real handle on the logistics of all of this. But, that's why this forum is great. It's a real eye opener and I'm gettin 'school-ed' bigtime.

Mahalos to all..
Old 21-04-2011, 10:16   #22

I like this thread .. how about rating a cat according to the number of freezers/fridges aboard ?
Zonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 10:23   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonker View Post
I like this thread .. how about rating a cat according to the number of freezers/fridges aboard ?
Yeah, I'm interestd in that too!!
Old 21-04-2011, 10:29   #24
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonker View Post
I like this thead also. Absolute mindless drivel - perfect for me.

2 fridges - 1 freezer. But, my main fridge/freezer is absolutely huge, if that counts for anything. Probably would hold 10 case of beer and half a cow.

Del, I'm from the West side of the state, Kalamazoo. Also, IMO, fishing is one of the best time passing activities we do. I have 4 poles running. Two I keep long and two short. We've caught baracuda, yellowfin, skipjack, mahi mahi, and a small fish a local guy called a tunnie. So far we've caught a nice fish to eat on every trip.
Old 21-04-2011, 10:35   #25
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises

My next goal is to skin dive for lobsters. I'm also learning to kiteboard. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon because so far the only thing thats happened is ingesting half an ocean while being pulled underwater by my kite.
Old 21-04-2011, 11:06   #26

Quote:
My next goal is to skin dive for lobsters. I'm also learning to kiteboard. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon because so far the only thing thats happened is ingesting half an ocean while being pulled underwater by my kite.
Wow, free diving for lobsters takes me back to my surf instructor days back in Maui, it was real tempting to pull em out of season cause they're all over the place but big fine if you do. Used to give surf lessons in the mornings then catch lobsters for dinner. Lobsters n beer, ahhh sleep good.. Kite boarding is brutal brah, I've got a lotta friends that do it but, myself, never tried.
Old 21-04-2011, 11:15   #27

Quote:
I have 4 poles running. Two I keep long and two short. We've caught baracuda, yellowfin, skipjack, mahi mahi, and a small fish a local guy called a tunnie. So far we've caught a nice fish to eat on every trip.
Didn't get to Kalamazoo too much but did used to hang out in Ann Arbor and the Aboritum a lot. Hey, Yellowfin (sashimi) and Mahi (grilled or tempura/ beer batter) are my alltime favs, but I'll be glad with anything I can catch. Do you keep a log of your fishing experiences? Weather and wind conditions, baits used (live or lures) etc.
Old 21-04-2011, 13:24   #28

Boat: Lagoon 440 Pathfinder
Let me know when you get your cat and i will come to Hawaii for a surfing trip and you can come on my Lagoon 440 through indonesia,Mentawis and Thailand, plenty of cheap beer,fish and awesome uncrowded waves.

Dirk
dirkdig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 14:46   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdig View Post
Let me know when you get your cat and i will come to Hawaii for a surfing trip and you can come on my Lagoon 440 through indonesia,Mentawis and Thailand, plenty of cheap beer,fish and awesome uncrowded waves.

Dirk
Hey brah, that's a deal too good to pass up, only thing is you may want to collect that surf lesson sooner that when I actually purchase my Cat because that may take a little longer. But if we're in Maui we'll surely hook up. Lagoon 440.. Too cool..
Mahalo nui loa..
Old 21-04-2011, 16:11   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del628 View Post
Hey brah, that's a deal too good to pass up, only thing is you may want to collect that surf lesson sooner that when I actually purchase my Cat because that may take a little longer. But if we're in Maui we'll surely hook up. Lagoon 440.. Too cool..
Mahalo nui loa..
Oops, I miss read that, you don't need a lesson, you already surf. right on, brah! my bad..

Tags
barbecue, lagoon