Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-04-2011, 20:06   #31
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises
Re: Lagoon vs Seawinds Options (BBQ Grill)

Del, there are a few good fishing advice threads on this site also. Basically you need to troll between 6 and 9 knots. The bait runs on the surface about 150' behind the boat. The baits can be a lot of different lures and they are described in the fishing threads.

The Yellow Fin was the best so far. When we cut up the filet it was like a beef tenderloin. 5 guys spent 3 days eating it up. But the tuna kind of go down and don't fight much. The Mahi Mahi where a gas to catch and beautiful to see when they came out of the water.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0869.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	427.3 KB
ID:	26444   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0872.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	411.3 KB
ID:	26445  

Old 22-04-2011, 08:44   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palarran View Post
Del, there are a few good fishing advice threads on this site also. Basically you need to troll between 6 and 9 knots. The bait runs on the surface about 150' behind the boat. The baits can be a lot of different lures and they are described in the fishing threads.

The Yellow Fin was the best so far. When we cut up the filet it was like a beef tenderloin. 5 guys spent 3 days eating it up. But the tuna kind of go down and don't fight much. The Mahi Mahi where a gas to catch and beautiful to see when they came out of the water.
Allright brudda! That's the kind of news I wanna hear! Thanks for this post and photo. This is what I'm talkin about, getting all excited now to go fishin'.. and I will check out those fishin' threads.
Mahalo nui loa.
Old 22-04-2011, 12:04   #33

Grills are an option, there are quite a few manyfactures of boat Grills, especially from South Africa and OZ, but don't overlook the US models. typically the fish cleaning table mounts off to one side. We did use driftwood for years - difficult, uneven, and not worth the hasle, now we have some hickory chips (double bagged) which we use for that great smoke flavor.
Multitalent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 19:00   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multitalent View Post
Grills are an option, there are quite a few manyfactures of boat Grills, especially from South Africa and OZ, but don't overlook the US models. typically the fish cleaning table mounts off to one side. We did use driftwood for years - difficult, uneven, and not worth the hasle, now we have some hickory chips (double bagged) which we use for that great smoke flavor.
More good advice from the experienced ones, I'm lovin it, this is the kinda stuff that really helps. Thanks brudda!
Mahalo nui loa
Old 22-04-2011, 21:21   #35

I've heard Gunboats have really nice toothbrush holders... might be worth looking into them too...
44'cruisingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2011, 21:24   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palarran View Post
My next goal is to skin dive for lobsters. I'm also learning to kiteboard. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon because so far the only thing thats happened is ingesting half an ocean while being pulled underwater by my kite.
You could be looking for lobsters while kiteboarding.
44'cruisingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 05:04   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post
I've heard Gunboats have really nice toothbrush holders... might be worth looking into them too...
OK brah, I get it.. Give me all the Bells n Whistles
Old 24-04-2011, 10:35   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multitalent View Post
I'm gonna check out those US made cats, any leads or recommendations, makes,models websites? Much appreciated
Mahalo nui loa..
Old 24-04-2011, 14:36   #39

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now
us cats

Still in production: Endeavor, Gemini, Maine Cat. Atlantic and Antares used to be made in the US but are now made in South America. Not in production anymore: Manta and Lagoon which made TPI boats here about 20 years ago. They are all good fairly normal cruisers except the Atlantic 57 which is a semi custom high performance cruiser and very expensive. Check out Offshore cats in Florida. They make slim and fast production 48' hulls and sell them on Ebay. They will build you the entire boat if you wish. BOB
Sand crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 15:00   #40

Re: us cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
Still in production: Endeavor, Gemini, Maine Cat. Atlantic and Antares used to be made in the US but are now made in South America. Not in production anymore: Manta and Lagoon which made TPI boats here about 20 years ago. They are all good fairly normal cruisers except the Atlantic 57 which is a semi custom high performance cruiser and very expensive. Check out Offshore cats in Florida. They make slim and fast production 48' hulls and sell them on Ebay. They will build you the entire boat if you wish. BOB
Hey, thanks Bob, this is good info. I'll check it out.

Mahalo nui loa

Tags
barbecue, lagoon