Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2022, 06:12   #16

Boat: Lagoon 39, Gemini 105MC, Hobie Mirage Tandem Island
Re: Formula 40 Trimaran-Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit-ne View Post
Yep. I’m traveling through early July but would be happy to meet up then. Most likely Spirit will be on a mooring in Salem harbor, but sometimes around Portland or the cape islands. In prior summers we’ve been out sailing around Salem/Marblehead most weekends but we haven’t launched yet this year because I still need to finish a growing list of winter maintenance and work is in the way.

Good luck on Kachina. I have been super happy with this adventure and have a lot of fun.
I’ve read through some of your earlier posts when you were searching for a boat and enjoyed them very much. The search in itself seemed like a great adventure. Glad to hear you’ve been enjoying Spirit. I normally cruise up the coast in the summer, but have been meaning to explore down around where you are. One way or the other I expect we’ll bump into each other. Looking forward to it. :-)
CaptainPete222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 07:19   #17

Boat: Trimaran, Owen/Fehrenbach, 43’ x 35’, 1990s

Pete,

Have you sailed on Kachina yet? I found some videos online and it looks pretty great! There is little that will get your checkbook out to close the deal faster than sailing 16+ on a beautiful day on a sea trial - at least that’s what happened to me with spirit.

Kachina is definitely setup to be more
comfortable inside. Spirit’s cockpit was completely rebuilt by trimaranspirit for the primary living space to be there, the only thing inside are a couple bunks, a small galley, and storage.
spirit-ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 07:20   #18

Boat: Trimaran, Owen/Fehrenbach, 43’ x 35’, 1990s

Incidentally, if anyone on this forum is looking for a paid gig, I could really use help maintaining Spirit to the level she deserves, a job which should involve a lot
of fun sailing! Ping me at ajmeyer at mit dot edu
spirit-ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 12:04   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPete222 View Post
Are you still based out of Boston? I’m in the process of purchasing Kachina, a Chris White designed 40’ tri that looks very similar to Spirit. I very much like the curved beams that enable the sizable trampolines on both sides of the cockpit and am interested in adding on something similar. We live in Yarmouth, Maine and if you’re in the area, please let me know so I can get a closer look at the beams and, of course, say hello.

Nice! We’ve lived on our Explorer 44 for twelve years and love it. I’m quite sure you’ll have some great sailing!
Training Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote