Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-07-2014, 05:29   #31
CF Adviser

Location: Wherever our boat is; Playa Zaragoza, Isla Margarita
Boat: 1994 Solaris Sunstream 40
Re: Chris White at it Again

Thanks for the link to an update. Its good to hear that Chris White and the manufacturer of the mast are standing behind their product. Let us hope that this was an isolated failure due to some small piece of hardware, as I believe the concept has some real promise.

Brad
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2014, 19:00   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Star View Post
Thanks for the link to an update. Its good to hear that Chris White and the manufacturer of the mast are standing behind their product. Let us hope that this was an isolated failure due to some small piece of hardware, as I believe the concept has some real promise.

Brad
I thought I read it happened twice already.

Chris
Turnone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 02:53   #33

Boat: currently a power boat :(

On the other forum, there was mention of an east coast A47 (Pounce?)mastfoil that had issues, but have not read any details, other than the one post. I would believe all 4 were built to the same specs as S/V Escape, I would assume they could all be at risk. Hopefully there is an "easy" fix and it's not a design flaw. I'm a CW fan and like Brad, see the concept as having real promise.

If you have any links to share on the other A47 that had issues, please post them or PM me if you prefer.
Old 25-07-2014, 04:33   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skye View Post
On the other forum, there was mention of an east coast A47 (Pounce?)mastfoil that had issues, but have not read any details, other than the one post. I would believe all 4 were built to the same specs as S/V Escape, I would assume they could all be at risk. Hopefully there is an "easy" fix and it's not a design flaw. I'm a CW fan and like Brad, see the concept as having real promise.

If you have any links to share on the other A47 that had issues, please post them or PM me if you prefer.
I don't have any further details and in reality if it happened to one or two, likely they all need an upgrade/change to prevent it from happening in the future. Conceptually I love the idea and hope it's refined and successful.

Chris
Turnone is offline   Reply With Quote