Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-04-2022, 11:50   #1

Aventura 44 Information

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any new information on this cat. I REALLY like it as it checks pretty much all of my boxes. There's some older reviews and information you can find online but nothing recent anywhere. I did receive an email from them about a month ago saying they will have the Aventura 44 at La Grande Motte in France from April 20-24. Unfortunately I cant make that show so wont be able to see it in person to get more information. I replied to the email but he never replied back.

Any information on build quality, how she sails, or any information at all really would be very much appreciated.

https://www.aventura-catamarans.com/en-au/aventura-44
poseidon2027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2022, 09:10   #2

Re: Aventura 44 Information

hmmm, I guess there really isnt that much information out there on these.

What about the company? Does anyone have any information on past models, build quality or anything at all really?

To further elaborate my communications with them, I first sent an email asking if they were going to be at the Annapolis Spring Sailboat show, he replied a week later saying no they would at La Grande Motte in France from April 20-24 and with the brochure with specs and pricing. I replied back asking a couple of questions about build and timelines but they never replied back.

My timeline is still 6-7 years out so I have time but really sad this is happening to what was probably my #1 choice. Looks like I might have to stick to FP or Lagoon to get a similar price.
Old 18-04-2022, 06:36   #3
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018

I also tried to communicate them, no success. As I speak french too, I called them several times, no answer. This doesn't sound very well on their professionalism.. I haven't seen the boat but I know they are manufactured in Tunisia and I don't have at all good impression aboıut the Bali's manufactured there. If it's cheap which is, there should be a reason for it.. Just my thoughts..

Cheers

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2022, 11:18   #4

Yes I agree, it doesnt look good for the company. Maybe one day I'll get to see it in person, then I'll be able to actually talk to them in person and get the information I need. Until then I guess this will go to the bottom of my list until more information comes out. Thanks for replying.
Old 29-04-2022, 05:46   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by poseidon2027 View Post
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any new information on this cat. I REALLY like it as it checks pretty much all of my boxes. There's some older reviews and information you can find online but nothing recent anywhere. I did receive an email from them about a month ago saying they will have the Aventura 44 at La Grande Motte in France from April 20-24. Unfortunately I cant make that show so wont be able to see it in person to get more information. I replied to the email but he never replied back.

Any information on build quality, how she sails, or any information at all really would be very much appreciated.

https://www.aventura-catamarans.com/en-au/aventura-44
The 44 model was not on display in La Grande Motte. Probably not ready yet?
Ruud1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2023, 06:29   #6

Page not available. It seems they offer only the 37 and the 45 sail. For the Cannes boatshow ‘23, they’re only bringing the 37 (and 50 power).
Selecra11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2023, 06:48   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selecra11 View Post
Page not available. It seems they offer only the 37 and the 45 sail. For the Cannes boatshow ‘23, they’re only bringing the 37 (and 50 power).
I check their site periodically. They no longer offer the 44 (although some were built, I've seen some for sale on yachtworld). Now they offer the 37 and 45. This company sounds too fishy for me; I think ill stay away unless something really good comes up when it's time to buy.

I'll be at the boat show">Annapolis boat show so I'll check them out regardless but I'm very wary. 37 might be too small and the 45 looks like they want to go way more luxury than we are looking for.
Old 13-09-2023, 07:04   #8

This weekend in Cannes boatshow, I’ll be seeing their new 37ft. Cat A with a couple of very experienced sailors and we’ll assess as much as we can at the dock.

My experience was also not very positive. Here’s a few things:

1) I tried calling every single number they had on their website. Nobody picked up for days. Later I called their distributors in other countries within Europe. Only the distributor in Spain responded. We’re now in contact.

2) There’s little info on their website about the tech specs. I clearly asked them for everything in the most intricate level of detail, so far, no response on that.

But please bear in mind - I had similar issues with the million dollar cat producer, the HH catamarans, where I contacted them by email, waited several days for a response about my inquiry, didn’t hear back, later sent an email seriously complaining about their response rate, have Seth Hynes himself respond back (which he promptly did).

Late or no response to calls and e-mails is a general problem in my view.

In case you’d like to know more about how the weekend viewing went well, just ask.
Old 14-09-2023, 07:23   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selecra11 View Post
This weekend in Cannes boatshow, I’ll be seeing their new 37ft. Cat A with a couple of very experienced sailors and we’ll assess as much as we can at the dock.

My experience was also not very positive. Here’s a few things:

1) I tried calling every single number they had on their website. Nobody picked up for days. Later I called their distributors in other countries within Europe. Only the distributor in Spain responded. We’re now in contact.

2) There’s little info on their website about the tech specs. I clearly asked them for everything in the most intricate level of detail, so far, no response on that.

But please bear in mind - I had similar issues with the million dollar cat producer, the HH catamarans, where I contacted them by email, waited several days for a response about my inquiry, didn’t hear back, later sent an email seriously complaining about their response rate, have Seth Hynes himself respond back (which he promptly did).

Late or no response to calls and e-mails is a general problem in my view.

In case you’d like to know more about how the weekend viewing went well, just ask.
Yes, they replied to me once after a couple of weeks then never again. Let me know how the viewing goes, I'd be interested to know. The 37 is a long shot for me as I think it may be too small but you never know until you step on. Also, very interested in the build quality and performance, though not as important as I expect it to be similar to the Lagoons, FPs, Leopards etc. Thanks.
Old 14-09-2023, 07:51   #10

Sure, will let you know about the quality by next week when I'm back at home base after the event. I'm going there with a couple of very senior sailors and we're assessing whether this boat can circumnavigate (with upgrades on top of their option packages).
Old 15-09-2023, 09:54   #11

Aventura 44 Information

Just out the show.

Quick feedback:

- Interior build quality is average, especially wood craftsmanship. All stairs up and down the port and starboard were creaking. Obviously this was a charter boat and probably wasn’t used with care, but I don’t hear that noise in other cats.

- Very well positioned lines all the way to helm.

I haven’t had the chance to test this boat under the wind, but asked the dealer for the first opportunity to test it. So far, it’s a lot of bang for the buck.

- Super spacious interiors for a 37. Wouldn’t ever compare to Excess 11.
Old 16-09-2023, 10:11   #12

Boat: Catalina 42

I was wandering around Marina Genoa today and spotted one. I had not seen one before. It looked a little odd to me, but can't put my finger on why. Very square looking, but not in a completely good way. Design-wise, just a bit rough.
SFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2023, 10:20   #13

Today I had a second round with the Aventura guys at the CYN. This time we went through each and every single detail.

As I’ve been told by the dealer, they’re mostly around the Balearic Islands. Shape to me was quite normal, even better looking than the Nauti Excess etc.. Interiors are very well designed, craftsmanship is OK but not the best.

It passed my quality test by all means but I have questions about seaworthiness and spare parts availability. I booked a full day test in Spain for end of October. Ping me by November if you want to know more on that.

So Aventura is the top brand for this price range, but the $ is increasing and they’re getting closer to Leopard range - and the L42 is very, very good.