Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-04-2010, 20:22   #16

Ah.. I've been looking for a thread on the macgregor!

Seems like a major advantage of the 26 is its price. I believe its the cheapest new 26ft sailboat in my country.

But I am quite turned off by the 'androgynous' nature of the boat.

I would also like to find out how do these swing-keel or liftable centreboard boats (ie. not just the macgregor) perform in terms of stability as compared to 'real' keelboats with fixed keels.

Appreciate any response! Thanks!
nazri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2010, 21:11   #17

Boat: Le Zephyr, MacGregor 26M
this is the link to d owners site

MacGregorSailors.com • View active topics
Québec 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 17:32   #18

Hi Nazri yes the price is cheap but to get it to sail well there is money to be spent. One area is the steering the rack and pinion gets sloppy and the way the rudder is connected means you get loads of play in the system quickly.

I have changed mine and put some bushes in which keeps things taught and put a duel cable which includes a gearing so it is easy ti steer. Also get a quick release to detach the engine when sailing.
Ianriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:11   #19

Boat: MACGREGOR 26M
Re: MacGregor 26M

OKAY OKAY OKAY.
I'VE COME FULL CIRCLE. IM 44. I'VE OWNED BOATS SINCE I WAS 8. IM NORWEGIAN.I'VE OWNED A 1000 BOAT'S. RIGHT NOW THE BEST BOAT FOR ME IS THE MACGREGOR Q26M...SHE SAILS TO BEAT ALL HELL!!!! YOU WOULD BE AMAZED AS A TRUE SAILER TAKING ONE OF THESE OUT!!! JUST SAILS LIKE A ROCKET!!! THAT 'S WHAT SOLD ME..MY KIDS' WANT SPEED, I WON'T GIVE UP MY SAILING...WE DOWNSIZED FROM A 36 TO A 34 TO A 25 WHCIH WE SAILED THEM ALL OVER THE PUGET SOUND, GULF ISLAND, SAN JUANS I'VE SAILED IN THE BERING SEA, NORWAY, RUSSIA AND ALL OVER THE WORLD AND FOR US...I'VE DECIDED THAT WERE BUYING A MAC 26M.....I GOT ONE OF THE LAST ONE'S THAT ARE EVER EVER EVER GOING TO BE MADE..IN FACT I LIVE IN SEATTLE AND I HAD TO BUY HER FROM THE FACTORY!!!!! THAT'S A WHOLE OTHER STORY..
I CAN ATEST THAT THIS MAST THAT THEY PUT ON HER IS SUPER!!! HER HULL IS SUPER!! HER DAGGER BOARD IS SUPER!! THIS BOAT IS A SUPER BOAT!
I BOUGHT MINE CASH!!! WHICH IS ALSO SUPER!!! HOW MANY BRAND NEW 2013 BOAT'S CAN YOU BUY WITH CASH AND GET A NICE ALUMINUM TRAILER WITH UPGRADES, ROLLER FURLER, SHOREPOWER,GENOA, AND OTHER STUFF FOR $25K!!?????? you cant!!!! and don't fool yourself..these can be sailed world wide..i'd beef up the rigging a bit...but for me this is the boat! sails like a demon and when the kids wanna ski ....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! THEY ARE UP ON A PLANE ON A KNEEBOARD OR SKI'S AND SMILING AND HAVING FUN!!
I LOVE MY MACGREGOR 26 M! STEPHEN KENNETH RONNIG VALHALLA:v iking:
stephenronning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:22   #20

Boat: Tanzer 26, Walk22
Re: MacGregor 26M

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenronning View Post
OKAY OKAY OKAY.
I'VE COME FULL CIRCLE. IM 44. I'VE OWNED BOATS SINCE I WAS 8. IM NORWEGIAN.I'VE OWNED A 1000 BOAT'S. RIGHT NOW THE BEST BOAT FOR ME IS THE MACGREGOR Q26M...SHE SAILS TO BEAT ALL HELL!!!! YOU WOULD BE AMAZED AS A TRUE SAILER TAKING ONE OF THESE OUT!!! JUST SAILS LIKE A ROCKET!!! THAT 'S WHAT SOLD ME..MY KIDS' WANT SPEED, I WON'T GIVE UP MY SAILING...WE DOWNSIZED FROM A 36 TO A 34 TO A 25 WHCIH WE SAILED THEM ALL OVER THE PUGET SOUND, GULF ISLAND, SAN JUANS I'VE SAILED IN THE BERING SEA, NORWAY, RUSSIA AND ALL OVER THE WORLD AND FOR US...I'VE DECIDED THAT WERE BUYING A MAC 26M.....I GOT ONE OF THE LAST ONE'S THAT ARE EVER EVER EVER GOING TO BE MADE..IN FACT I LIVE IN SEATTLE AND I HAD TO BUY HER FROM THE FACTORY!!!!! THAT'S A WHOLE OTHER STORY..
I CAN ATEST THAT THIS MAST THAT THEY PUT ON HER IS SUPER!!! HER HULL IS SUPER!! HER DAGGER BOARD IS SUPER!! THIS BOAT IS A SUPER BOAT!
I BOUGHT MINE CASH!!! WHICH IS ALSO SUPER!!! HOW MANY BRAND NEW 2013 BOAT'S CAN YOU BUY WITH CASH AND GET A NICE ALUMINUM TRAILER WITH UPGRADES, ROLLER FURLER, SHOREPOWER,GENOA, AND OTHER STUFF FOR $25K!!?????? you cant!!!! and don't fool yourself..these can be sailed world wide..i'd beef up the rigging a bit...but for me this is the boat! sails like a demon and when the kids wanna ski ....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! THEY ARE UP ON A PLANE ON A KNEEBOARD OR SKI'S AND SMILING AND HAVING FUN!!
I LOVE MY MACGREGOR 26 M! STEPHEN KENNETH RONNIG VALHALLA:v iking:
Oh my......lol...

Tags
macgregor