Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2018, 17:39   #1

Boat: Columbia 9.6
Hurricane Florence

I am smack dab in the path of Hurricane Florence and my boat is on a slip in the Neuse River. Pretty protected but I am really worried about Cat 4-5 storm surge. Tomorrow is my last day buttoning her up. I ran triple dock lines all around, on each cleat I have 2 normal lines that allow stretch and one longer 1" anchor type line as a failsafe in the event the other two lines pop. Everything has enough slack that keeps it from hitting the pylons but will allow for the rise and fall of the surge. I will most likely have to cut the line off of the pylons since i used clinch knots. The batteries are charged and the bilge pump is in working order. All thru hull valves are closed.

I have this feeling deep down she is going to get hurt regardless.

Any suggestions?
chrismct is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, hurricane