Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 31-10-2015, 12:37   #31

Re: Can you restore old fenders?

Originally Posted by gbohner View Post
I use a paint brush cleaner which is available at Ace Hardware and Home Depot. This is NOT a mineral spirits stuff. This is meant for soaking paint brushes to remove
dried paint. It works as good as toluene or acetone without making the plastic sticky.
Yes. And without the "work" i.e., scrubbing, rubbing, pushing, bending, and all the rest of the things associated with abrasives, like Mr Eraser. It works BETTER, far better than acetone, which I had used for a long time before i was turned onto this stuff.

Unless you cover them, this is the easiest and best working liquid cleaning method I have found in 35 years, including all the ideas expressed in the thread.

I don't bother waxing them again. They get dirty again. Why? Other docks and the edge of mine, 'cuz it belongs to the marina and I don't clean their stuff anymore than they clean mine.

I've resurrected two 20 year old ones to brand new look and keep all six of mine clean that way.

How long? Mindless work, but all of five minutes each for a 6 x 23.

Stu Jackson
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, (Maple Bay Marina) SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Stu Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules