Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2015, 13:21   #1

Bavaria or Hunter Bashing

Following the threads that seem to bring so much passion out of people are the "perceived" quality standards of different boats.
Carsten tells us in Europe it is all about Bavaria bashing and Smack Daddy says Hunters are routinely bashed in America. Why is this?? Sure the odd manufacturer has built boats that have been less than wonderful but in most cases they dodge the bullet while the builders mentioned above don't seem to get a fair break. What has either of these builders done to deserve this type of reputation among the the sailing forums?? I know very little about Hunter's except they were always the most affordable boats out there but I do know that Bavaria really started to produce extremely affordable boats some years ago and started getting a large market share. Other builders followed the price war as Beneteau brought out the Cyclades series which was also very low in price. Is it simply that these manufacturers provided a product at an affordable price or is there more to it. Now here's the deal, "no bashing please", just fair concepts and comments as to why you think this...I'll not involve myself. Smack you might have some insights for American sailors and Polux I'll bet you have some thoughts about this as you have owned a Bavaria.

Tags
bavaria, hunter