Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2017, 05:19   #16

Re: Spain to Israel on 1st of June

Hi Alon, I hope things are going better for you this time.... My name is Fran (male) and I have just been reading your thread and I know you have set off but would like to join you ASAP. I have owned my own little boat and have experience in maintenance and repairs as well as having a good amount of experience with engines so quite handy. I am looking for some confidence building experience before I buy my next boat and your trip looks Ideal. either way I hope you have a great adventure, cheers, Fran.
Fran the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 13:24   #17

Hello Alon

I feel you. the Bay of Biscay is renown for being a challenge. i crewed somewhat that same rout last summer. We sailed a 43' Beneteau from England to Croatia. I can bring a familiarity of the territory, ports, and weather patterns.
I am interested in discussing your details. I have a flexible schedule, and some sailing experience.
Mike
michaeldmesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:05   #18

Boat: PROUT 37'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran the Man View Post
Hi Alon, I hope things are going better for you this time.... My name is Fran (male) and I have just been reading your thread and I know you have set off but would like to join you ASAP. I have owned my own little boat and have experience in maintenance and repairs as well as having a good amount of experience with engines so quite handy. I am looking for some confidence building experience before I buy my next boat and your trip looks Ideal. either way I hope you have a great adventure, cheers, Fran.
Hi Fran
I'm half way to Gibraltar with my new skipper.
Tell me more about yourself, where from etc so I could consult with him whether, when and where to pick u up
Best wishes
Alon
dfwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:47   #19

Hi Alon, thanks for your quick response, I am english and at the moment based near London so easy access to airports... I am 53 years old and fit and healthy and enjoy helping out and fixing things. I am a qualified motor mechanic and have a city and guilds in light marine engineering. I have a positive and relaxed outlook on life and believe it is to be enjoyed in a mature yet hopefully exciting fashion my only ambition is to live in the moment and life to the full. I have always loved the water and enjoy sailing, scuba diving and snorkelling and just observing the wildlife. I am not much of a cook but have survived so far and have no musical talent but do enjoy music. I have a good ear and a very long fuse and am respectful of other people and their space so very easy to get along with. A non smoker and enjoy clean living and a healthy diet , a good book and some fresh air and also meeting new and interesting people. I am keen to learn more about navigation and weather which I learned a bit about on the RYA day skipper course I did two years ago. I sold my boat winter before last as it was too small and when I feel confident enough will buy another and hopefully sail around the world.I look forward to the possibility of sailing with you and your new skipper, best regards, Fran.
Fran the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2017, 15:00   #20

Hello Alon
Im experienced, i ran those same waters just last summer to Croatia. Can help on some of the overnight passages.
Email me. michaeldmesser at g mail .com
michaeldmesser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Israel, Spain