Originally Posted by Ann T. Cate
What good will alcohol do you on a passage
Especially for, yet not limited to, single-handed passages ...
1) It accentuates celebratory revelry.
2) It takes the edge off boredom.
3) It opens your mind to new melodies, even if you're not a great singer.
4) It keeps the spirits up.
5) It reminds one that "cocktail hour" is a land-based concept
6) If you name your glass, it gives you someone to talk to.
7) It reminds you why you love your ice maker.
8) It helps you get a better nights sleep in the doldrums.
Case in point? Here ya go (2:30 & 7:20; "Chip Chip Cherio!"):
Ps; I love this guy's spirit. Never live life too safely, it takes all the fun out of it.