Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-02-2016, 15:19   #1

Boat: Kittiwake 23, Irwin 43
Irwin sailboat

hello all... I am looking to purchase a 77 Irwin 43' staysail ketch sailboat... I have not found this particular boats design or interior listed any place online... infact I have not found anything out about this particular sailboat... I am seeking any employees of the Irwin sailboat company that worked there back in 1976-1980... any help about this would be great help for me

thanks

Jess
"twenty years from now will be more disapointing by the things you didn't do, than the things you did do.... so throw off the bow lines and sail away from safe harbors, catch the trade winds in your sails, explore, dream, discover ", Mark Twain
tranmanjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 17:04   #2

Boat: plastic production boat, suitable for deep blue water ;)
Re: Irwin sailboat

You could check the website of Gene Gammon. A very good source of information!!
Irwin Yachts - Irwin Sailboats Parts & Manuals
Old 14-02-2016, 17:55   #3

Boat: irwin 37 center cockpit
Re: Irwin sailboat

i have a 37ft cc ketch, love it. lots of people will say they are lightly built, but i have no core (solid glass) in my hull (above and below waterline) and not to many boats can say that. great cruiser, good in weather, very comfortable for 4-6 adults when cruising. with the aft cabin, 2 full heads(each with showers) full galley (4 burner stove with oven, fridge and freezer, 2 sinks on demand hot water ) its nicer than my apartment. sails great, i use the mizzen to steer most of the time, in 15-20kts you can make 6 and not spill a drink. (just got refrigerated cup holders in the cockpit for those hot summer days) 20-25 just use the mizzen and a reefed genoa and keep on cruising. only problem i've had was when i bought it all the opening ports leaked,(they were 30 yrs old) but after replacing them with stainless bomars, its all good. i've got the full keel, not the shoal draft cb, so getting into some places in the bahamas can be a little "bump and go" but thats true with any boat down there.
fisherman.ben is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Irwin, sail, sailboat