Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-01-2018, 03:34   #1

Boat: Boatless
Annapolis Marina Recommendations?

I am contemplating buy a sloop that is located on the Chesapeake and I thought it might be fun to keep her in Annapolis for the summer season before sailing her south in late October.

Does anyone have a recommendation of a marina in Annapolis where I might keep the boat? I'd be flying in for about a week each month and won't have a car there, so proximity to shops and restaurants would be a real plus.

Thank you in advance for your input.
Roniszoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 04:44   #2

Boat: KH 49x, Custom
Re: Annapolis Marina Recommendations?

Eastport yacht center. Kim will take care of you, if they have room.
She's good people.
Nice walk to downtown, through a pretty neighbourhood. Good restaurants, steak or seafood. Reasonable rates.

Paul.
GRIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 04:54   #3

Boat: 58' Sedan Bridge

Check Active Captain for the marinas on Spa Creek ("downtown") and Back Creek (Eastport; some are walking distance, several are dinghy distance). Of the several we've been to on both, the only one we didn't prefer is Horn Point on Back Creek... and that's really only because entry is a bit awkward and they get some fetch there....

-Chris
Old 15-01-2018, 05:13   #4

Boat: HR 40
Send a message via Skype™ to Auspicious

Most of Eastport (Back Creek) and Spa Creek (Eastport to the South and historic Annapolis to the North) are in reach of some restaurants.

I agree with svquintana about Eastport Yacht Center. Kim Brown will get you sorted. I lived there for two years.Small working yard, no weekend hours. (410) 280-9988 Easy walk to Davis' Pub and to Leeward Market and longer walk to Boatyard. Rather a long walk for my taste downtown but easy dinghy range and there are water taxis in season.

Watergate Pointe is lovely. It's an apartment complex where a marina happened. No services beyond water and power. Easy walk to Adam's Ribs, Eastport Kitchen, and VIN 909. not bad to downtown or Eastport restaurants. (855) 507-0387

Mears Marina is rather expensive but lots of resort services. Bert Jabins and Port Annapolis are good but on the awkward side of the creek without ground transportation or a good dinghy. They are the easiest walk to groceries. I prefer Jabins to Port A but YMMV.

If your boat is small enough AND you have yacht club reciprocity look at Eastport Yacht Club. (410) 267-9549

Look at South Annapolis Yacht Centre (410) 263-1643. They are in the midst of reconstruction but the location is hard to beat other than being above a drawbridge.

Also check Spinsheet (local sailing rag) and, while you are in town, the bulletin board at Giant Food Store for private slips. Look for Severn House in particular.
Auspicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 07:03   #5

Boat: Morgan Moorings 50

I've had great luck with Annapolis Yacht Basin, albeit that was a few years ago now.
DDabs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annapolis, men