Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2018, 22:51   #16

Boat: Beneteau Cyclades 50
Re: Freezer - How to use

Hi OzePete. I think you maybe right? I always assumed 160litre was a freezer because of the cold plate. I have a spate fridge/freezer.
What I assumed to be a freezer is by Vitrifrigo, R34a refrigerant, Danfoss BD50F compressor. It is also water cooled. I measured cold plate and it is about 4 litres.
Does this help confirm your suspicions?
Thanks
Caroline Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 23:01   #17
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline Joan View Post
Hi OzePete. I think you maybe right? I always assumed 160litre was a freezer because of the cold plate. I have a spate fridge/freezer.
What I assumed to be a freezer is by Vitrifrigo, R34a refrigerant, Danfoss BD50F compressor. It is also water cooled. I measured cold plate and it is about 4 litres.
Thanks
Yes Caroline, it most surely is only a fridge but being water cooled and with a BD50 it should be ok to hold fridge temperatures when you head north into 'real fridge' country!

OzePete Ozefridge | 12 Volt Refrigeration Systems
OzePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 23:42   #18

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzePete View Post
Yes Caroline, it most surely is only a fridge but being water cooled and with a BD50 it should be ok to hold fridge temperatures when you head north into 'real fridge' country!

OzePete Ozefridge | 12 Volt Refrigeration Systems
Hey, now that's settled I would suggest the most cost effective solution to the freezer requirement would be to buy a 40 to 50 litre fridge/freezer unit designed primarily for 4 wheel drivers with the insulating jacket, use it as a freezer (you will find that it doesn't need to be opened all that often) transferring the contents as required to the fridge. Possibly you can install it somewhere that it is out of the way yet is accessible and receives adequate cooling air.
I find that this works well.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 05:27   #19
cruiser

Quote:
Thanks
Hi again Caroline, yes sorry to spoil your thoughts of having a freezer but maybe you could explore the possibility of having just a good fridge and use cryovac sealed bags to store meat etc long term at fridge temperatures. A lot easier on your limited power supply also.
Cheers OzePete Ozefridge | 12 Volt Refrigeration Systems
OzePete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freezer