Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-05-2016, 05:04   #1

Boat: Morgan Out Island 415
Florida Keys To Jacksonville

I'm going to look at a boat (morgan out island 33) in June that is located near Key Largo. The original plan was to purchase it that weekend in June and then take the 4th of July week off of work and take it to where I live in Jacksonville doing one and two day hops up the coast.

When I got a quote from the marina where it's located at for that one month dock fee it was a little high (and might be just the difference between north FL and south FL) at $750 a month.

This got me thinking that I could sail it that weekend up to Miami/Ft Lauderdale area instead (saving the trip from the Airport to the Keys on the second trip) and maybe even use the weekends to bump up the coast in 1 and day hops (saving my vacation days).

Maybe something like:

Key Large --> Stuart (conservatively a day and half)
Stuart --> New Syrma Beach (a day)
New Syrma Beach - Jacksonville ( a day)

I'm researching on ActiveCaptain but there are a lot of "markers" in those areas so I figured I'd ask for some local knowledge recommendations. I'll need to put the boat somewhere secure (mooring / marina) for the 5 days in between hops but am price conscious. These stop overs will need to be none-remote so I can grab a taxi or Uber to train/plane/bus.

Tags
florida, florida keys, jacksonville