Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Atlantic & the Caribbean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-03-2011, 19:40   #16
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises
Re: eSeaClear - Easy Clearing in the Caribbean

Has anyone tried using eseaclear for Anguilla lately? I had tried it 6 months ago and when I arrived they couldn't find the record. So the last few times I'm just filling out forms with carbon copy paper.
Old 29-03-2011, 11:47   #17

Boat: Tayana 37 "SAILACIOUS"

I have not tried Anguilla but if yhave a printer and take a copy of your form in to them it may help them locate your record. Did you take the PAN # in with you? That is the record locator. We just cleared into Nevis today with it.
Old 12-04-2012, 21:13   #18

Boat: Lagoon 440
Send a message via Skype™ to impi

Wonder if anyone can assist ... In the Caribbean French Islands, is it necessary to clear in and out of each French Island if sailing from one French Island to the next eg. Martinique to The Saintes
impi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 01:36   #19

Boat: Jeanneau 57

impi - yes, with one exception. When you sail from St. Martin to St. Barths you don't need to clear out of the French side, but you still need to clear into St. Barths. If you return to St. Martin you will need to clear out in Gustavia and then clear in again in St. Martin. The system in St. Barths allows you to store the boat information and crew lists so they don't need to be re-entered, but the other French islands unfortunately don't have that functionality.
Old 13-04-2012, 05:02   #20

Boat: Gulfstar 53 - Osiris

As Zanshin says, and it is not at all difficult now that the French Islands have the D-I-Y computers for checking in/out just about everywhere.

From Martinique heading north you can check out from any of several different places from Marin to F-d-F.

At the Iles des Saintes the procedure has finally changed according to Noonsite:
"Clearance is no longer carried out at the Town Hall. Everything is done upstairs at the internet cafe (turn right off the main dock look upstairs on your right). It is called Les Saintes Multiservices. The mooring fees are also paid here.
Last updated March 2012."

So it sounds like they now have the D-I-Y computers there. It is a good idea to go ahead and do the check-in/out as you may have to stop in Dominica for some unexpected reason. And personally, I always stop at Portsmouth, Dominica whenever transiting the area - it is one of the "jewels" of the Caribbean and exploring Fort Shirley on the north shore of the bay is fabulous.
osirissail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012, 06:15   #21

Boat: Fontaine Pajot Belize 43ft

Some time later....
It appears that Eseaclear is off the air for a revamp;
Does anyone know when it will be back?
Belize 43 crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 14:43   #22

Send a message via Skype™ to Dreaming Yachtsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belize 43 crew View Post
Some time later....
It appears that Eseaclear is off the air for a revamp;
Does anyone know when it will be back?
Don't know when it will be back but recent (month ago) experience in Antiqua reveals is isn't quite back yet. They advertise their system to be "fully implemented" (i.e. cover Customs, Immigration, and Port Captain). When I tried to update my information from the previous version from St. Barth's 3 years ago, I had to reregister in the new system. However, I could not get past the screen that asked for a password. It kept saying my password was "weak" but wouldn't tell me why. I even tried one considered strong by U.S. Dept. of Defense computer systems. I gave up trying.
Dreaming Yachtsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013, 13:46   #23

Boat: Vagabond 42

EseaClear has been pulled everywhere except Antigua where it was developed. Has to do with a rights/licensing issue. Also, Zanshin, I keep Callisto on the French side of St Martin and we go to St Barts several times a year and it IS required that you clear out and clear in every time you come and go. It is easy and casual but you will want that piece of paper if there is a problem. With the French "do it yourself" computer system, it couldn't be any easier. St Martin and St Barts have different systems (go figure) but the St Barts system you set up a password and a user ID and just log in and it brings up all your boat info and the last crew info. Really easy and efficient.
callistov42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 04:02   #24

Boat: Jeanneau 57

callisto - using the French computer system you cannot clear out of St. Martin for St. Barths. This is because the drop-down box for the destination does not contain St. Barths; the first time I tried to do this I was at the Capitainerie (the one on the inside at Marigot) and asked if there was something I was doing wrong and they laughed and told me that one cannot; but that I would need to clear in to St. Barths when I arrive there. When returning from St. Barths to St. Martin one does need to clear out of St. Barths and clear back into St. Martin.

I've done this trip a good 10 times using this method. Unfortunately, the St. Barths clearance system requires that the password has a mix of upper and lowercase and at least one special character and at least one digit. I forgot my code once and then it became difficult, it took me about 45 minutes to get the port captain to reassign my boat another password... but it is true that the system is fast when it works.

To the main topic - I've cleared into/out of Antigua 3 times in the past 2 months and the new eSeaClear system is truly fast. I need less than a minute to login and click on the windows for a clearance, then write down my confirmation number and present it to the immigration officer, who then prints out the 8 pages for me to date and sign and thus immensely speeds up the clearance process.

Tags
Caribbean