We chartered out of STT in May with CYOA on a Mahe 36
, 10 day charter. Not having to take a ferry
to Tortolla was a definite advantage on both ends. We did a counterclockwise circumnavigation
of Tortolla including 2 nights on Anegada
, first and last nights on St John,
1. Land at STT 3:30, at Frenchtown by 4, provision done by 6. Sleep on boat.
2. Check out, chart briefing, Sail to Leinster bay
3. Sail to Sopers, check into BVI. Tell them the day you plan to leave the BVI and you don't need to check out. Continue on to the Bight, Normans.
4. Sail to North Sound, stopping at The Dogs
for lunch. Pick up mooring
Rock. Painkillers on the veranda at Saba
5. Sail to Anegada
, Lobster Dinner
6. Explore Anegada, Snorkel at Cow Wreck, and Loblolly
7. Sail to Marina Cay, water
taxi to Trellis, explore.
8. Sail to Manchioneel Bay, Cooper
, snorkel Cistern Pt.
9. Sail past Monkey pt to Diamond Cay, Jost, dinner at Foxys Taboo, hike to bubbly pool first thing in the morning.
10. Sail to Cruz Bay, St John, check in, Pick up mooring
Departure day: Sail to Charlotte Amalie, re-fuel, check in at CYOA by 10:30 am.
, lunch and at Airport
by 2:00 for 4:00 flight.
Absolutely fantastic trip. Very convenient chartering from STT. We loved our two nights on St John. Less crowded and $15 mooring fees