Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2015, 07:11   #1

BVI charter

I am charting a vessel out of tortola shortly. Can anyone give me the procedure that I need to follow when entering St Johns. We want to hike that island a little and was not sure if we needed to clear customs to do that.

Any good recommendations on hiking in that area?
ronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:26   #2

Boat: PDQ32
Re: BVI charter

You will need to clear out of BVI first. You can do that in Sopers Hole or Jost VanDyke.

You then need to clear into US which you can do in Cruze Bay. You can grab a ball in Caneel Bay and take a long dingy ride into Cruze.

You can clear in and out of US at the same time if you are only planning to stay a few days. You will need to clear back into BVI when you return.

You will need boat papers and passports for each in and out process. You should discuss with your charter company to be sure you have proper papers.

Henry

Sent from my SM-P900 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 10-06-2015, 14:09   #3

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 43 & S2 6.9

Exactly what Henryv said. I'll just add that in the BVI, only one person needs to go ashore to check in and out. In the USVI, everyone must go.
maytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 13:46   #4

Thanks for the advice.
ronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 13:58   #5

Also , its St.John , not St.Johns . My mail if addressed to St. Johns would go to Antigua first . Also it is Cruz Bay , not Cruze . Also if ya want to go hiking ask about hiking to the rain forest on Tortola , take a jacket , it is cold up there ! Boy I am getting picky in my olde age ! Also , there is plenty of hiking on Tortola and Jost without spending hours and hours going thru customs four times !
Perstarebob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter