Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Atlantic & the Caribbean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 15:58   #16

Has anyone here been to Pieces in Soper's Hole??? need recommendations on that one and Peg Leg in Nanny Cay as well
Old 09-12-2010, 17:29   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSerenity
Has anyone here been to Pieces in Soper's Hole??? need recommendations on that one and Peg Leg in Nanny Cay as well
Peg Legs is very good. Ate there a number of nights in a row recenty. Great spot. Well run, eager to please, if you order right you'll have a meal and a view to remember. After dinner, drinks at the tiki bar on the beach, and often some live music playing on the deck.
Sailon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 18:11   #18

Boat: Tayana 37
Send a message via Yahoo to ughmo2000
In the Home Depot parking lot in St. Thomas, to the left of the entrance, at the old lunch truck that's up on blocks.

Some of the best Oxtail stew I've ever had.
ughmo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 20:04   #19

Wish I'd had pizza at Corsairs now! The atmosphere was great and very friendly. The BVI has some good spicy Indian food but Mexican...no. Surely one can last a week without Mexican and savour great Indian and Caribbean cuising..no?

Let me know what pizza you had and how good it was? Wish I was there right now!
busyengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 14:30   #20

Boat: Jeanneau 57
The pizza (Pepperoni) was excellent and I'm proud to say that I finished half of it! Last night was slow but I might return tonight after cooking up something on the barbie on the boat tonight and see if the bar is hopping.

Mulligan's at Nanny Cay still has the best burgers on the island and the crowd is always fun. They've expanded the menu at the grill a bit as well and there are now more than just 3 items on the menu!
Old 10-12-2010, 14:34   #21

I've had lunch and breakfast at Mulligan's - good food/menu but nothing that slapped you on the chops I will have to try the burger - thanks for the recommendation! Have you tried Peg Leg in Nanny Cay? I had an amazing dinner there but too many PainKillers or I would remember what I ate! LOL
busyengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 15:10   #22
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
I have to say after three charters in teh BVI and many more years sailing the Med. The food in the BVi's is quite poor and expensive and far too close to fast food rubbish for my liking

Dave
goboatingnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 16:38   #23

are you kidding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
I have to say after three charters in teh BVI and many more years sailing the Med. The food in the BVi's is quite poor and expensive and far too close to fast food rubbish for my liking

Dave
I am so sorry to hear of your experience...mine was QUITE the opposite after only one beautiful trip to the BVI....

no where NEAR fast food! NO !in my opinion!

In fact...glorious fresh fish cooked to absolute perfection, so many other wonderful dishes! We many times ordered two different entrees and then shared...getting to try more that way!!!

I cant wait to go back to the BVI and have even tried cooking what I now crave from the BVI here at home...good, but no where near what we to what we experienced in the BVI!

In my opinion....it was worth every penny....every penny!!!

Enjoying paradise...sharing a romantic meal....watching the sunset....you just can't put a price on that!! nope...

simply priceless!
Old 11-12-2010, 02:00   #24
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
I agree with all your other comments 're paradise just the food didn't do it for us

Dave
Old 11-12-2010, 07:40   #25

Boat: Jeanneau 57
I agree that the food in the BVI, particularly in places that cater to boaters, leans towards the British origins. For really good food one needs to go to the French islands.
On the other hand, after sailing and lounging in the sun all day one tends to work up an appetite. That hunger coupled with the fantastic scenery makes most meals taste good.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:38   #26
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

You try.... apart from... DEEEELISH...

Opps.. my pages went funny on me.. this is for Sweetserenity.... redfacedsmiley
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	roti.jpg
Views:	795
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	21857  

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:51   #27

looks delish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
You try.... apart from... DEEEELISH...

Opps.. my pages went funny on me.. this is for Sweetserenity.... redfacedsmiley
looks delish! I am really hungry this morning!

CHicken Roti??? whatever it may be...I wish It was sitting here in from of me!

Thanks boatman!
Old 13-12-2010, 17:08   #28

Was wondering if anyone out there has been to the Blue Parrot or the Road House restaurants in Soper's Hole? Best menu items? what did you think???