Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-08-2009, 10:07   #1

Mallorca 4 - 12 Sept

Hi,

I am going to Palma de Mallorca with my wife and 13 year old son, between the 4th to the 12th of Sept to look around as many different sail boats as possible between 35 - 40 feet as we are looking for a Liveaboard for the future.

What I was perhaps looking for also that maybe someone would be intrested in taking us out for a day or two while we are there, I am willing to pay so we can have the real experience as we are all non sailors.

Thanks

Dave
inet-projects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:36   #2

Boat: Gulfstar 53 - Osiris
Unfortunately, live-aboard cruisers do not just "go out for a day or two" unless they are moving to another destination. The boat is their home and is not moved unless they ready to go to a new place.
- - Taking an person or group of people out for compensation/money constitutes a paid charter or commercial activity that is normally forbidden to all "private recreational vessels" which is the classification of most live-aboard cruisers. As such the people on the boat would be risking serious fines and penalties if they engaged in such activities especially with people they do not know or have not met before. So it highly unlikely that anybody would be willing to do what you request.
-> -> But you can certainly visit the marinas and docks and look at all the "foreign boats" and if the owners are on board their boats start a conversation with them asking about the lifestyle. It is very likely that they will invite you onto their vessel for conversation and refreshments and give you the "25 cent tour" of their "home." Doing this will start you on the way to learning about the lifestyle.
osirissail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 18:43   #3
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
I hope you undertsand fully the VAT, tax, visa ( if non eu) requirements that apply ti liveaboards who become tax resident in Spain( or any EU country).
goboatingnow is offline   Reply With Quote